VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm opening an episodic disk with DVD Decrypter in IFO mode.
    I then select a chapter (not the first chapter) and save it.

Opening the the file in AutoGK and using the preview, there are no subs displayed.
    The sub and idx files are created and they show the original times from the beginning of the DVD - not the new times starting from the beginning of the clip.

Is there a way around this?

Edit:
    I selected the same chapter in DVD Shrink and it's the same;I assume it's something that is common to all these programs.
    Last edited by sambat; 12th Feb 2010 at 17:08.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    Is there a way around this?
    If you were to open the IDX in Notepad you'll see that the timestamps haven't been reset. That is, they'll still reflect their place in the DVD rather than in the chapter you selected (as you stated). You have to add in a delay to move them forward. That delay will be equal to the total time of the other chapters that preceded it. You can find that out by checking the boxes of all the chapters that precede it in DVD Decrypter. The total time as shown at the bottom will be the amount of the delay. You can then add in that (negative) delay by using SubtitleCreator (Synchronize->Set Delay).

Then, to get the edited subs into the video use the CTRL-F8 trick.
    Last edited by manono; 12th Feb 2010 at 19:03.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did that and it works fine.
    I also found another workaround by loading the chapter VOB into DVDSubEdit - it resets the times automatically.
    It's playback feature showed them synced.
    I saved them as a .sup file and from that point used Subtitle Creator and F8 in AutogK.
    Both methods took the same time.
    Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Right, that way is similar to another way I was going to suggest, but I figured the one I did suggest was easier. But maybe not. Open the IFO in PGCDemux. Check the "Demux All Substreams" box. Tick "Single Cell" rather than"Demux by PGC". Use the dropdown box to choose the cell (chapter), save out the SUP file, convert to VobSubs in SubtitleCreator and use them in AutoGK.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PgcDemux gives an error trying to open the file: if you click 'OK' it shows as completed with an error message - but there is no output.
    I also tried it with Rejig - it accepts the files and when the output is opened in Subtitle Creator, it shows the times corrected for the running time of the chapter - no adjustment required.

Quote Quote  
  6. Interesting. No, I don't know the cause of the error and I personally haven't ever seen that error. As long as you solved the problem to your satisfaction, that's what counts.
    Quote Quote