VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have MTS files and want to burn them onto a DVD a normal player will read. What do I need to do? Can anyone please help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Popular suggestions for MTS to DVD are TMPGenc Authoring Works or MultiAVCHD. Depends on whether you want DVD or BluRay.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 08:01.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just normal DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ConcertXDVD will convert most file formats to DVD playable on any standalone.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Although I used a TDK DVD-RW disc the writer doesn't recognise it? Is this common? I have a Sony Vaio so should I buy Sony DVDs?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    TDK, SONY, and others like Maxell and other (formerly) famous disc brands, have dropped in quality to the point where they are now considered junk -- no better than generic store brands. The widely available discs most members would recommend is Verbatim "AZO" discs (the word "AZO" will appear somewhere on the label). Verbatim does make an economy line -- aka lower quality line -- that most shops now carry. Avoid them. If necessary, get AZO on the internet.

While many players can read DVD-RW (and they're handy for testing), some can't. the DVD standard is DVD-R. For dual-layer DVD's, use DVD+R dual layer.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 08:01.
    Quote Quote