VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey people im having a problem ripping a dvd to my HD i tryed to use DVD Decrypter but a error message came up with all these numbers etc, so then i tryed RipIt4Me to double check if that could rip it 4 me but then i came up with another error message (picture below) :-

And the second problem i have is, i have a film on my hd its an avi, i tryed to convert it to dvd format using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 but no sound was coming out so i then imported it into VirtualDub compressed the video and audio (this usualy works fine and then with the file i just dubbed i use in TMPGEnc it works fine) but while it was running in VirtualDub a error message came up as shown below:-

So can someone please help me out and tell me what i can do to fix these errors.

Thank You
    C
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Regarding the 2nd issue, do you have CCE? If so, you can frameserve the uncompressed AVI directly into CCE and have the output DVD compliant. I often use Vdub to filter/process mpegs, and the AVI output will go directly into CCE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have CCE and aint sure how i could frameserve the avi into CCE...

Is there any other way i can make this avi film conver into a dvd format using TMPGEnc???

Can some1 please help

C
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ...Any1...?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No audio can usually be fixed bye using a different file reader in TMPGEnc's Option > environmental setting > VFAPI plug-in settings.
    Try raising the priority of the OpenDML reader if the AVI has an AC3 soundtrack.
    If the AVI has an MP3 soundtrack try raising the DirectShow readers priority above the OpenDML reader so it is used instead.

This will ensure the AVI is decoded with your systems highest priority Directshow MP3 decoder(eg FFDShow, FHG MPEG Layer-3 Decoder) rather than the internal OpenDML reader.

Your really much better off encoding or extracting the Audio to AC3 with other programs and using TMPGenc to do just the video encoding only. Then mux audio and video together with TMPGEnc Tools.
    Take a look at ffmpeggui for making AC3, The FilmMachine 1 clicker AVI to DVD using the free HCEnc, AVISynth for resizing and frameserving AVI's to encoders.
    Learn how to use everything!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I set OpenDML as 1 (it was 0 before) and tryed 2 convert the film this time it worked withour the error sign coming up but still no audio.

And when i set the DirectShow as 1 so its above OpenDML (as 0) it don't work TMPGEnc just frezzes and says "Not Responding".

And iv heard that when extracting audio to AC3 theres a massive drop in volume...? Is that correct?

And is The FilmMachine beter and faster then TMPGEnc...?

If you could just answer these few questions that would be great help.
    Chana
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    as for the first problem, this will happen if you click on another window before decrypter starts running. let it import psl file and start reading disk before you click away from it and it should be ok.
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried that i didnt click on nothing still it dont back up with any rupping software (decrypter, dvdfab platinum etc)

C
    Quote Quote