VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to unlock my Dynex blu-ray player anyone know the code/process?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    even if there is an unlock code for your player it'll only be for the dvd side of the player.
    there are very few if any unlock codes for bluray players.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I want it to be region free, if it's just for dvd's that is fine.
    Does anyone know where I can find a code for this?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    october262 said "even if there is an unlock code" which means "You've got an incredibly small chance, maybe like 1%, of ever finding one", not "For sure if you keep digging you'll find it". There's no harm in you asking, but if you are truly serious about this, you should at least put your model number out there as if a code exists for any Dynex players, it may only be for certain models.

In North America you can probably count on one hand the number of BluRay players that can be unlocked, even if only for DVD playback. So again, it's OK to ask, but the odds are huge that you won't unlock the player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As an outside chance try pressing "Setup" on the remote to enter Setup Menu and then, using the remote, enter "8520". If it works a new submenu will appear letting you change the menu.

No idea whether it will work on a Dynex machine, but seems to be the generic unlock code sequence for many of the region-free models that you can get here. It works for the Toshiba BDX1200 and Veon brand players (both of which I have), and I also understand it works of the Toshiba BDX3200 and Soniq players (which I don't have).

If that doesn't work, I suspect your chances of finding a code are very, very low.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks I will try that
    Quote Quote  
  7. 8520 will not work because it is the generic combination for some Mediatek-based players. Dynex player is based on Broadcom SoC.

You can try this:

1. Turn the Blu-Ray on and open the Tray Door
    2. Then press the following number combination on the remote “9113″.

Or

1. Turn the Blu-Ray on and open the Tray Door
    2. Press Home/Setup button on the remote.
    3. Then press the following number combination on the remote “9113″.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!