VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am considering buying pioneer DV-3022KV but I am not sure how old is this model. Also I have few questions regarding dvd players.

1. A player stated divx compatible can also play xvid?
    2. If I connect my monitor using HDMI cable then can I get the audio separately via analog audio output? (my led doesn't have audio-in)
    3. Is this model support 5.1 channel audio output? ( i guess so as it is DTS and Dolby compliant)
    4. How can I connect my 5.1 speakers with it? i-e what kind og audio-out ports its has and how many?
    5. Is it region free dvd player?

I also want suggestion for a 100$ dvd player if the above is not good enough.
    Last edited by azfarhus; 20th Mar 2012 at 12:35.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1.yes.
    2.yes.
    5.no.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks for info.
    another thing to confirm does it only upscale only on HDMI or on composite too?
    Last edited by azfarhus; 21st Mar 2012 at 12:10.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1. Baldrick is right in saying "yes" to this, but do note that as with any playback device, some exotic encoding options (ie. GMC with more than one warp point) may not be supported. And "Plays divx/xvid" usually doesn't mean "plays high def divx/xvid".
    3. I think it's a requirement that all DVD players have to support 5.1 audio output. I know that all BD players must. But I have no idea if this player has a DTS decoder or if you have to pass it to an external receiver for decoding.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the info.

^ can you please explain #3 point further.

5. Where can I know which region it support? any idea.

Note: initial googling show it is region free e.g http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-DV-3022KV-Region-Free-DVD-Player-HDMI-Upscalling-1080p...-/250941966682

Still need an answer to this.
    another thing to confirm does it only upscale only on HDMI or on composite too?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I can't really explain 3 any better. You'll just have to try it and see if it works for DTS or not.

Pioneer does NOT ship region free players. The player will come from the factory set for a specific region. People may buy them, apply some sort of hack and make them region free and re-sell them.

Someone who owns the player will have to check and see what it upscales on. However, if you have a good TV, upscaling in players is very overrated and your TV may actually do a better job of upscaling than the player. If I liked a DVD player I really could not care at all whether it could upscale or not as I know for a fact that my TV does an excellent job of upscaling.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ^Well but problem is that initially i want to use it with a LED monitor therefore I am curious about upscaling and audio over non-hdmi.
    Quote Quote  
  8. One thing more to ask that upto what resolutions dvd players plays movies?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1: Not always ! A friend of mine has a Sony DVD recorder wich is is DIVX certified but cannot play any XVID.

DIVX certification just means that the player should be able to play video stuff made by DIVX certified software.
    Uncertified DIVX hardware and software will also usually work.

XVID is not much different from DIVX , so most player that can play DIVX also can play XVID.
    Some companies may not like XVID because of copyright troubles.
    I have got a Pionner DVR-560HX DVD recorder wich is now a few years old that can play XVID , but I don't now what is the policy of Pionner in the US now.

If you want to know wich codec was used to encode an AVI, play it in VLC and go to tools->codec.

I use avidemux to convert XVID to DIVX (DX50) for my friend.
    Last edited by misermidas; 24th Mar 2012 at 02:00.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks, yes i know the conversion stuff but before buying it I want to know some stuff which is not listed in the specification of it. Have you ever tried to play 720 × 480 above resolution video?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I finally understood that you you are not from the US but from some Russian speaking country.
    Members should give a country location because some technical elements may differ from one country to another...
    I could not read the Russian manual for the DV-3022KV but I found an English one for the DV-3022V wich must be same except for DVD zone on Pionner site were I found that it could only read avi with DIVX video.
    It does not say anything about resolution.

If you like HD, it might be better to buy a blu-ray player ,many are not very expensive now.
    Last edited by misermidas; 24th Mar 2012 at 02:39. Reason: Screen capture did not work
    Quote Quote  
  12. Well actually I am not even from Russia. Anyway I have got almost all the info what I needed so thanks everyone for helping me.
    Quote Quote