VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi im new to this i check many forums how to change color in srt file using <font> code

so i did with this for example <font color="red">Texting</font> it worked just fine and size also work great

but after few hours i back to test it out... its didnt work the color wont change but it display in the movie with the code instead showing Texting it shows me this <font color="red">Texting</font>

Also for the size its not working either so idk if i mess something up if anyone have a idea how to solve this problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many implementations of SubRip .srt don't support styling. Some players may support it, but others won't.
    You may want to see if other subtitle formats better suit your needs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As Case said; SRT doesn't officially include any styles, fonts, colours, positions, etc. There are hacks using HTML codes as you have, that work in some cases, but not others.
    If you want a properly styled subtitle, use ASS format, coded using eg Aegisub.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 30th Oct 2011 at 10:22.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    As Case said; SRT doesn't officially include any styles, fonts, colours, positions, etc. There are hacks using HTML codes as you have, that work in some cases, but not others.
    If you want a properly styled subtitle, use ASS format, coded using eg Aegisub.
    Thank you so much this program is really helped me out thank you so much again!

If im allowed to ask one more question..

I have MKV movies which i was working on em i want to covert the srt file in MKV files with out losing their quality is there any recommend program?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Extract the srt from the mkv with mkvextractgui-2. Convert to ass/ssa. Add back to the mkv with mkvmergegui. Done.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Extract the srt from the mkv with mkvextractgui-2. Convert to ass/ssa. Add back to the mkv with mkvmergegui. Done.
    Okay i open mkvmerge and follow guides

1. I add mkv video
    2. I add srt file
    3. start muxing

After its done i open the video and subtitles didnt display is my work wrong?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check under Extra Options that both the video and audio have compression settings set to NONE - this might be the problem.
    You need to highlight first the video and then check and then the audio.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Check under Extra Options that both the video and audio have compression settings set to NONE - this might be the problem.
    You need to highlight first the video and then check and then the audio.
    Thank you so much i went to extra option select srt file and choose "for all frames" in cues option

thank you so much =]

My problems solved this post can be closed
    Quote Quote