VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All,

I have a 5400 frame composition (1920x1280 @ 30fps) containing two solids that I have applied the Element 3d plug in to - two particle groups in each - animated together with the animation engine inside the plug in. I have applied various lighting, glow and blur effects to each directly and via adjustment layers.

At a specific frame in the composition, exactly when the sequence hits the beginning of a new solid carrying an Element 3d animation - my render stops every time. I have tried only rendering the offending frame and a few past and still crashes the render. I am rendering in Quicktime and have tried both Animation and PNG formats. I have closed the composition frame so it does not RAM render during the render; closed all other apps; cleared my RAM via AE and via the terminal; turned process multiple frames simultaneously on and off; copy and pasted all the information from the failing comp into a new comp; and reserving the comp under a new name. Every time - at exactly this frame - the render crashes.

I know it is something in this solid and how it interacts with the other Element 3D animations in the composition - because when I moved the start point of that solid to a new location - then tried to render from there - it also seized.

Before I go in and lobotomize my composition to try and find the specific error down to a key frame - I am asking enthusiastically for any guidance. I would be beyond appreciative.

Thanks,

Ciphermetric
    Quote Quote  
  2. So is ram preview ok? Does it only crash when you send it to render queue ? Did you try other format like image sequence (not quicktime)

Does it crash if you diable the other effects (the lighting, glow, blurs etc...)?

Did you precompose the solid layers ?

Did you try asking at the VCP forum ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I am going through and disabling the other effects now to test. I did precompose the solids. I am going to ask the VCP forum as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is ram preview ok? Does it only crash when you send it to render queue ? Did you try other format like image sequence (not quicktime)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Element is at Version 2. Perhaps this was a problem addressed with the update?

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It chugs through a RAM render at that point in the composition for awhile then crashes AE. I have not tried exporting as an image sequence, although I could try and then compress the file with Compressor.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Ciphermetric View Post
    It chugs through a RAM render at that point in the composition for awhile then crashes AE. I have not tried exporting as an image sequence, although I could try and then compress the file with Compressor.
    If it even crashes during the ram preview, don't even bother testing exporting with other formats until you can - you'll be wasting your time. That suggestion was just to rule out a quicktime issue if you were able to ram preview

Start with disabling effects, to see if you can find the culprit
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ciphermetric, , please do not double post. I've locked the other topics.

Please read our rules before posting.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/72386-Forum-rules-Acceptable-Use-Policy-(AUP)?
    If you want to move a topic to another forum, PM a Mod.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ciphermetric View Post
    At a specific frame in the composition, exactly when the sequence hits the beginning of a new solid carrying an Element 3d animation - my render stops every time.
    You might have to prerender some parts, and composite them back in at final render. IOW, render in passes. I always treat each element as a building block, and work the project up like a pyramid.

Laymen's terms: Cook the chicken, then add the carrots and peas, then drop the dumplings on top.
    Last edited by budwzr; 21st Feb 2015 at 21:35.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!