VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i made a DVD9 project with 26 menus and 14 movies. when i compiled it everything is good. when i test on the computer the navigation is good. but when i burn it to a DVD9 (verbatim) and play it on a dvd player the navigation lags and freezes. did i do something wrong? is it possable to navigate it wrong to confuse the dvd player or is the players old?

i tested it on 4 players and they all have problems somewhere on the DVD with navigation (lags and freezes)
    i tested it on my PS3 too and it doesnt even boot!!!

im so confused lol, any help would be great
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What did you burn it with ?
    Have you run a speed test with Nero CD/DVD Speed or DVD Info Pro ?

Dual layer DVD compatibility for playback is low on older machines, and can still be iffy on newer ones. Expect playback issues on older kit. I don't know how good the PS3 is a DVD player. The PS2 certainly wasn't the best.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    What did you burn it with ?
    Have you run a speed test with Nero CD/DVD Speed or DVD Info Pro ?
    i burnt it with Nero, at one speed. (VOB format)

i got DVDInfoPro, but i dont know how to use it. is there a tutorial for DVDInfoPro on the site?

Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Dual layer DVD compatibility for playback is low on older machines, and can still be iffy on newer ones. Expect playback issues on older kit. I don't know how good the PS3 is a DVD player. The PS2 certainly wasn't the best.

i used DVDshrink to see how it would turnout on a DVD5 and i got no problems. is this an indication that the navigation is good?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it plays well as a single layer disc, then the problem is with the burning or media or player.

Nero is a very poor burning application for DL discs. Use Imgburn for burning DL discs so you know th wlayer break is position correctly and the disc burned to spec.

Use only Verbatim DL +R discs manufactured in Singapore.

Then see how you go.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If it plays well as a single layer disc, then the problem is with the burning or media or player.

Nero is a very poor burning application for DL discs. Use Imgburn for burning DL discs so you know th wlayer break is position correctly and the disc burned to spec.

Use only Verbatim DL +R discs manufactured in Singapore.

Then see how you go.
    ok ill try it, but can imgburn burn vob files? or will i have it to make a iso
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use the latest version. Select Burn File/Folders option, and select the Video_TS folder. Imgburn will recognise that this is a DVD and set everything else up accordingly. Because it is a dual layer burn, you will be asked where to put the layer break. After that, let Imgburn do it's thing.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Use the latest version. Select Burn File/Folders option, and select the Video_TS folder. Imgburn will recognise that this is a DVD and set everything else up accordingly. Because it is a dual layer burn, you will be asked where to put the layer break. After that, let Imgburn do it's thing.
    what layer break would be the best? heres a pic

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    imgburn works best if you let it decide where the layer break should be. settings/general/ check mark in seamless, and settings/write/ check calculate optimal.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by aedipuss
    imgburn works best if you let it decide where the layer break should be. settings/general/ check mark in seamless, and settings/write/ check calculate optimal.
    ok thanks, ill let you guys know how it goes
    Quote Quote  
  10. ok its working great now. its working on the ps3 and it has no lag at all. thanks you guys for all your help, your the best
    Quote Quote