VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently copied over Gamer to my hdd and its about 42.4gb but that is not the problem. I opened up the latest build of BD Rebuilder v.33.07 and chose the Movie Only option and when the encoding was done it wasn't just the movie that was encoded. I also had some of the extras and trailers encoded with the movie. Right now im trying the Full Backup to a DVD 8.5GB disc to see if that will fix the issue. Can somebody tell me if im missing something?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Update to latest version 34.01 that was released today.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've found that BD Rebuilder has problems in movie mode when the disk uses seemless branching or multiple m2ts files. Try extracting the movie only with TSmuxer and load that in BD Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do you know where i can find a guide on how to extract the movie in txMuxer?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Easiest way to extract the main movie is to use Clown_BD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I used TSmuxer to find the whole movie and extracted it but im still having issues. When i extract the whole movie i get the Blu Ray Structure with the BDMV and Certificate folders but when i use BD Rebuilder and shrink it down to DVD 9 8.5gb the output from BD rebuilder just gives me the BDMV folder. I tried using the AVCHD patcher and when i put it into my playstation it shows up as AVCHD disc. What could i be doing wrong that it doesn't show up as a Blu Ray Movie?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Certificate folder is not required. I've burned many BR's and they play just fine on Sony BR players. The certificate folder is needed for full backups. BD Rebuilder and other similar programs are creating AVCHD disks not BR disks when you shrink to a BR5 or BR9 disk. If your trying to play on PS3 that might be the problem. I don't have a PS3 so can't help there. I know from reading various threads that PS3 may require other changes. Do a search about PS3 and BR.
    Last edited by wulf109; 31st May 2010 at 11:51.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok so if i understand correctly the video that is encoded at the end of the bd rebuild is in AVCHD format. The blu ray player has to support AVCHD format. Correct?? Right now im trying something here. I used TSmuxer to get the video then used multiAVCHD to reencode so that i can burn just the video to a 25gb BD-R.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's AVCHD if shrunk to a BD5 or BD9,it will be BR if shrunk to BD25. Not all standalone players handle AVCHD well. In my expierence Sony is very good and Panasonic is very spotty with AVCHD. Personally I would avoid multiAVCHD like the plague. Try BDtoAVCHD or Ripbot.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Can i use multiAVCHD if im using BD-R 25gb media?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes
    Quote Quote  
  12. When multiAVCHD is done with the files do i write both the BDMV and Certificate or do i just write the BDMV folder??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it creates both,burn both. If your not you should use Imgburn for burning.
    Quote Quote  
  14. i created the files with multiAVCHD and when i tried to burn them back to the blueray blank i got an error at the end on closing the disc. i wasted 2 25gb discs already. The output is 3 folders BDMV, CERTIFICATE, HDAVCTN plus 3 other files a details.exe, multiAVCHD.log and multiAVCHD.mpf. I just got my BD RE so im gonna try burning all of the files to the disc and see if i can play it on my blu ray player.

Thanks
    Last edited by kings322; 31st May 2010 at 17:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open Imgburn, select the BDMV folder, and let Imgburn do the rest
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I created an iso then used Clone Virtual Drive to mount the image, Then i opened up TSmuxer and loaded the proper playlist file to extract the movie. After that is done i opened up MultiAVCHD. I opened up the .m2ts and then clicked on start, it then came up and asked me what format to use. I selected Blu Ray for all blu ray players. After the file was made into the blu ray structure i opened up imgburn and selected files to disc. I made sure the file system was DATA TYPE Mode1 /2048 UDF 2.50. Then i select BDMV folder and select burn. It says that the certificate folder is not there but that it will create one for me. I select ok and then continue. Do i have to use the AVCHD patcher on files that are created with multiAVCHD or do i just burn it? Im stumped. I can rip the entire movie and keep it under 25gb but it doesn't play when i burn it. I killed 2 25gb BD-R discs already so i went out and bought a BD-RE.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    Personally I would avoid multiAVCHD like the plague.
    Why is that?
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  18. I got it!! I guess I expected too much from my $78 blu ray player. It works fine on my playstation.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  19. If you used multiAVCHD, then you can skip the step with extracting the movie with tsMuxeR. Simply import the playlist in multiAVCHD and it will process it.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote