VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Lileman
    I have attempted to make a widescreen effect in vubmpegII. I resized the video and created the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen to give it a widecreen effect. When i import the video into Adobe Premier Pro, the lines are to the left and right of the video, not the way i intended it to. How do i create a widescreen effect. Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Strange. Are you using a 4:3 or 16:9 project in Premiere? If it's fake widescreen (4:3 with black bars) you're importing, make sure your project is 4:3. 16:9 mode would put black bars on the sides.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Lileman
    thanks that worked out great, i was wondering if you could give me the exact dimensions to use invdub to give it the widescreen effect. I used new width of 720 x new height 360 and then i clicked the letterbox and made the frame box width 720 x frame height 480. I want to make sure these are numbers that will work with true widescreen. Im shooting the rest of my film in true 16:9 widescreen.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you're doing the resizing in Vdub and using a 16:9 Premiere project, then yes, you will have to first clip it down to 720x360, then resize back to 720x480. (make sure to use the Lanczos3 resize mode, it's the best, also the Interlaced checkbox, if your source is interlaced) Then in Premiere after you import it, right click on the file and under Interpret Footage choose Conform to widescreen (1.2).

You could also do all the clipping in Premiere. Just import your 4:3 footage and scale it up to about 134%, then adjust the vertical position to get it where you want. BUT, your method using Vdub will look better, because the Lanczos3 resize is superior to whatever Premiere uses to scale.
    Quote Quote