VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Blu Ray helpers,

here's a strange one . I haven't seen this problem in any topic, so let's see what happened:

For the Blu-Ray Fanaa (beautiful and dramatic 2005 Bollywood movie, with english subtitles), I first tried to rip it several times with HDDVDFab8, it failed each time.
    I had a better success with MakeMKV (but got a 40 gigas file), with a strange problem:
    After the interval, the first minute of the 13th chapter is scrambled. And my french subs that I want to attach are not sync anymore (about 6 seconds 400ms).

How could I fix this part?
    Knowing that I want to add french subs (I have ripped them from my DVD and am trying to adjust them, this I can do.)

Another thing: I downloaded AnyDVD, and ripped the BD with it.
    In these new files, surprise: the sound is delayed (about 19s), after the interval. And there is still the scrambled minute.

It's not very important, because I can split my movie in three parts:
    1rst part OK, the first 1h18mn45s of the BD, muxed with tsmuxer
    2nd part would be one minute taken from my DVD
    3rd part would be the end of the mkv muxed with french subs, or the BD muxed with tsmuxer, asking a negative delay for the audio track.

A lot of work, and a movie splitted in three parts.

Unless you find a solution?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You may just have a bad disc. This happens from time to time. If you bought it locally, you might want to try and exchange it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Kerry,

luckily my BD is good (bought at induna's). So, it's a ripping problem. It seems that the disc has a good protection! I was about to buy AnyDVD, but now I changed my mind.
    Well, at least I understand 50% of the subs in english. But I would be happy to add french subs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Patapin View Post
    luckily my BD is good
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By playing it in my standalone LG Blu-Ray player, connected to my TV. Do you think the BD could anyway be corrupted, or something?
    The 13th chapter has a good sound, when the BD is played this way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Patapin View Post
    By playing it in my standalone LG Blu-Ray player, connected to my TV.
    That does not mean your disc is good.

Playing a disc and ripping a disc are two entirely different processes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a similar problem with the second season of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicals. It turned out there was a bad batch of discs, and the distributors would have actually replace them if I'd noticed it in time, unfortunately when I first watched them I didn't notice the slight hiccup as my Blu Ray player simply skipped over it. Now I have to re-purchase the damn things to get a proper rip.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    I had a similar problem with the second season of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicals. It turned out there was a bad batch of discs, and the distributors would have actually replace them if I'd noticed it in time, unfortunately when I first watched them I didn't notice the slight hiccup as my Blu Ray player simply skipped over it. Now I have to re-purchase the damn things to get a proper rip.
    Bad luck this time, ndjamena. Hope the next one will be OK.

Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    Originally Posted by Patapin View Post
    By playing it in my standalone LG Blu-Ray player, connected to my TV.
    That does not mean your disc is good.

Playing a disc and ripping a disc are two entirely different processes.
    Funny! Let's say it is good "to watch", and bad "to rip"
    I guess companies sell BR to be watched, not to be ripped, it's logical. But I thought the law alloed us to make one copy of our documents (I am not sure, I'll have a look)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!