VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am converting lots of DVDs i own to MP4 as they will be roughly 2 - 4gb each in size.

My concern is that with Ripbot the only audio options i have are AAC. There doesnt seem to be an option to copyaudio! Or is there?

With ripbot converting Blurays i have the option to copyaudio stream.
    My other option is to use handbrake as i can see in the user guides on here it gives the option to AC3/ AAC and copy audio.

Wonder if you can get other audio settings for ripbot??

Also with the Video profiles of 4.0, 4.1 etc what do all these mean. I currently have it on 4.1 and slow.
    Last edited by jamesj84; 7th Feb 2012 at 04:32.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must use the mkv container if you want to copy the ac3 or dts stream in ripbot264.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok that would make sence. Im doing them mp4 so they play on my ps3. Will the AAC 320 sound be just as good as AC3.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Also with the Video profiles of 4.0, 4.1 etc what do all these mean. I currently have it on 4.1 and slow.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127611

Ok that would make sence. Im doing them mp4 so they play on my ps3. Will the AAC 320 sound be just as good as AC3.
    AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) 320kbps = AC3 640kbps = DTS 1536kbps in terms of quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the audio would sound about the same. Only difference is compatibility. I'm in the same boat. I want an ac3 192 audio option and Ripbot doesn't give it to you so I have to use another app like Vidcoder to get it. Vidcoder works great but the scripts/options aren't as great and the "grain" detail doesn't look as good as Ripbot or BDRB.

Since I can't get BD Rebuilder to work I use Vidcoder. I trade off the Ac3 audio for the minor video encoding issues. If Vidcoder offered more Video scripts/options then I would be onboard with it 100% but Ripbot produces a slightly better picture. As Ripbot doesn't do AC3 192, thats a big no-no for me. Amazes me that that great app doesnt have a an AC3 option.
    Quote Quote  
  6. AC3 in mp4 is not officially allowed so PS3 won't give any sound

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14#Data_streams
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thats interesting about AC3 and the ps3 not working.

Moontrash - Have you tried handbrake, Can encode audio in ac3 and at 192. Nice layout too.
    AAC 320 will be good enough for myself then.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thats interesting about AC3 and the ps3 not working.
    AC3 in m2ts works but in MP4 container audio won't be recognized
    Quote Quote  
  9. So in MP4 container AC3 is best to use.
    In a MKV container im best to use AAC. Is this right. Is AAC just compressed more then AC3.
    Quote Quote