VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all i got a big .ts file and want to create many segments (without any trans-coding the big .ts file)out of it and create m3u8 for it. could any one show me an easy way to do this ?Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. More info is needed to answer precisely: what kind of stream it is (mpeg, h264, audio only); do you want to cut at specific scenes or just split your file into smaller parts, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi ,

@method : You can try this process : TS => ts
    Code:
    vlc -vvv "C:\old.ts" --start-time=0 --stop-time=60 :sout=#std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="C:\new_1seg.ts"} vlc://quit
    vlc -vvv "C:\old.ts" --start-time=60 --stop-time=120 :sout=#std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="C:\new_2seg.ts"} vlc://quit
    ==== NOTE ====
    Timecode accuracy depends on the file and its container.
    What type of the your "mpg" files? MPEG-PS?
    If your files are MPEG-PS and the timestamps are wrong, start-time/stop-time may not work correctly.
    I use mainly MPEG-TS and mp4 and VLC works fine with these files.
    ==============

Cheers .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi,

i am using Avanti for transcoding the mpeg video captured from satellite channel to TS. the following script is generated by avanti to do the process.

"D:/Work.RND/eyewatch_encoding/ffmpeg-20140625-git-a30f1b1-win64-static/ffmpeg-20140625-git-a30f1b1-win64-static/bin/ffmpeg.exe" -hide_banner -i "C:/Users/knight/Desktop/1.mpg" -threads:v 4 -sws_flags bicubic -vf "scale=0:0" -codec:v libx264 -q:v 4 -maxrate 9600k -bufsize 2048k -coder 1 -flags +loop -cmp chroma -partitions +parti8x8+parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -me_method hex -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -direct-pred 1 -fast-pskip 1 -af "aresample=44100" -codec:a libvo_aacenc -b:a 128k -ac 2 -y "C:/Users/knight/Desktop/avanti_22.ts"

can you assist how i can create the m3u8 manifest for the ts file with segmenting.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!