VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey I am noob. I have bought "Cyber Director" and "AVS Video Editor" but these programs don't seem to do what I want.

I have a short 10 minutes .mp4 clip that has been translated into around 90 languages. I want to make a DVD with a menu that can select each language from the menu (not just remote control select).

Looking over the treads here the best I could make was a DVD with 2 audio tracks and 5 subtitle tracks; but no menu. (using PgcDemux_1205, muxman_0_16_8 and SubtitleCreator). muxman seems to have option to add up to 8 audio tracks but if I add more then the 2nd track it gives me a bitrate error (but all audio files were created using same process, so if one works all should work??).

However I want to know is there a way to create a DVD with the 1 video file and 90 selectable audio tracks and 5 subtitle tracks. Where all audio and subtitle are selected from a menu (that I'd create)? [i don't mind if I have to buy the software; but I would like it to be able to do what I am requiring]
    Last edited by raza; 4th May 2014 at 20:47. Reason: spelling cirection
    Quote Quote  
  2. DVD specs limit you to 8 audio tracks and 32 subtitle tracks per title. You can "fake" it by using multiple versions of the video, but you're going to need more sophisticated software than what you're using. You're probably into something like rovi sonic scenarist or at least DVD Lab Pro.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Video data + audio date = max bitrate allowed

Adding more audio will require reducing the video bitrate to an unwatchable point.

Simply use any dvd authoring package and create a multi-title dvd were the other titles contain additional audio streams ... you may want to add the subtitles to these as well so they are available during the playback of a selected audio stream.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok thank you for the information. I didn't know 8 was the most audio tracks you could have (without some sort of hack). I am trying out DVD-lab Pro 2 for some reason when I add the chinese or korean subtitle files the words come out like "??????" instead of with the kanji characters. Spanish, french and english subtitles seem to work just fine. Any thoughts on how to fix this (
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by raza View Post
    I am trying out DVD-lab Pro 2 for some reason when I add the chinese or korean subtitle files the words come out like "??????" instead of with the kanji characters. Spanish, french and english subtitles seem to work just fine. Any thoughts on how to fix this (
    Yes, use SSA instead of SRT subtitles, then MaestroSBT can convert them to appropriate .SST files.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!