VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need some answers please. I've had this problem for a Long Long time.
    So I download an mkv movie online. And I convert it to mp4 in order to downsize and to be able to put it and play it Off my external hard drive.
    The mkv file has dts audio 6.1.
    I use handbrake on my Mac to convert it.
    On the settings for audio, I choose aac and Dolby pro logic II bitrate 160.

This is my problem , my audio in mp4 file always is kinda low.
    Like, during the movie when it comes to a part where the actors are only talking , the sound is really low. So then I put up the volume. But then when theres some loud action in the movie, the sound is a little too loud , so I have to put the volume back down.
    So during the whole movie, I'm constantly putting the volume up and down , up and down on my tv.

I'm am pretty sure it's in my conversion settings that give me the problem. I just dont know much about the different codecs. Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about. Can anyone help me find the correct settings?
    I only have that problem with my mp4s that I create
    When I play avi files that I get online,that I don't need to convert, the sound is always fine.

Let me know if you need anymore info. I use handbrake for my conversions and I only have a Mac.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try the handbrake beta/nightly builds and you can adjust the gain, download from https://build.handbrake.fr/view/Nightlies/

Audio Gain Control initial implementation
    Adds a Circular Slider to implement gain from a range of -5 to +15 which is sane by any reasonable measure.
    Quote Quote  
  3. what do u mean the gain?
    I really dont know much about this audio stuff.
    Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Adjust the volume. Increse the gain to increase the volume.

But you really need a "normalizing/normalize" feature, increase the low volume and reduce the high. But that wont you find in handbrake. I don't know easy all-in-one solution in the mac world. Most audio editors has that feature....but it's seems like a lot of work for just to watch movies.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok. so i should just try and adjust the gain . thats the easiest and fastest thing i can do .
    i will try it and see what happends
    Quote Quote