VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently purchased the Movavi VideoSuite (v3.5) which contains their Convert Video/DVD module. It seems simple to use; the only problem I have so far are the very long conversion times from DVD to various digital output formats. Here's my problem from the top starting with some background:

I’m running a 2.26GHZ with 512 MB memory and a Nvidia Geforce 2 MX200 video card on Windows XP Pro SP2.

The source DVD is an audio/visual event with no music that was professionally produced and made commercialy available; technical particulars immediately below:
    File Format: DVD Video
    1. Video Stream:
    Codec: MPEG2 SSE2 Decoder
    Width x Height: 720 x 480
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3
    Frame Rate: 29.97
    Frames Count: 320595
    Duration: 10697.2 sec.
    Bitrate: 8264 Kbit/sec.
    2. Audio Stream:
    Codec: AC3 Stereo Dolby Surround Decoder
    Channels: 2
    Sample Rate: 48000
    Samples Count: 513464952
    Duration: 10697.2 sec.
    Bitrate: 192 Kbit/sec.

1. After 1 hr 45 min, Movavi still showed just over 32 hours left to finish converting one of three files (above noted format) Movavi displayed to output format MWV 9 DVD Quality at 1 mbps. I don't know what the resolution is at 1mbps, so I couldn't gague anything from that.
    2. Trying to convert the same source file to WMV 9 for Local Networks (384 kbps) would have taken just over 13 hours.
    3. Same source file to output format MPEG-4 iPod 5G (640x480) with audio at 48kHz, AAC gave total conversion time of 6 hrs, 50 min. All these times seem decidedly extreme to me.
    4. I want to convert to a format I can play on my desktop computer and a portable digital video media player that can also be used for audio alone playback. I'm thinking of getting an Archos 604 at some point.

Any help anyone could provide on how to get the conversion times down to reality would be much appreciated.

Respectfully,
    motoyaya
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Movavi works well with NVIDIA CUDA.It was created to work with it.Thet's may be the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oo.Didn't look at the date.
    Quote Quote