VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I have this extensive anime collection which i want to put onto my ipod classic (6G) so i currently have Videora converter to convert the files to mp4 format. However, some of the shows are in .mkv format and the subtitles don't show when i try to watch it on the ipod. The opening and ending themes all have the right subtitles but the speech and everything else doesn't. The sound and the video are all still there so i'm wondering whether the rest of the anime was encoded with softsubs. If so, how can i incoporate them into the final product? Can i demux them, convert the video and then add the subs again or somehow make the softsubs become hardsubs. Help'll be appreciated greatly, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't hijack topics. Moving you.

Yes, you can demux them and add them. But I haven't seen any easy all-in-one tool with such support. You can make an Avisynth script together with the textsub and then load in Videora Converter or use Virtualdubmod and the textsub plugin(see https://forum.videohelp.com/topic272736.html ) and then convert to avi and then to mp4.

Or go to the videora forum and request subtitle support!
    Quote Quote