VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. so basicly im making a dvd menu with dvdlab pro.
    i converted a xvid to dvd and demuxed that. so i have 1audio 1video and 1chaptersfile.
    now the menu i want to make is something like this-->

four buttons. 1 play movie, 2nd button chapters (wich will lead me to an chapters menu) 3th songs(its a musical dvd, and i would like this button send me to a menu with the songs lets say there are 4 songs. and when i click on song 1 it will play song one, after song one finished then ill go back to the songs menu. olso an play all songs button. so that it will go on from song1 finish->song2 etc. 4th button subtitles..but i know how to make that one.
    i hope im making any sense...i got basic knowledge of dvdlab. the most important thing for me is how to make that song menu. please help or point me in to the right direction. thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The songs menu is best handled by Chapter Playlists. Make sure each song is a chapter. Go to the Connections window, right-click and select Add -> Chapter Playlist. You will need one for each song, and one for each combination of songs other than the Play All.

Double-click the first Chapter Playlist object to open it. Select the chapter you want from the list, and click Add to List. Repeat for any other chapters you want to add. Do this for each playlist.

Create a new Menu page. Link the menu items Songs on the main menu to the new Songs menu. Add a text item "Song 1" and link this to the Chapter Playlist for that song (you can rename playlists to make them easier to identify). Repeat for all songs.

The Play All option just links to the start of the movie, as you want to play all songs in order anyway.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    The songs menu is best handled by Chapter Playlists. Make sure each song is a chapter. Go to the Connections window, right-click and select Add -> Chapter Playlist. You will need one for each song, and one for each combination of songs other than the Play All.

Double-click the first Chapter Playlist object to open it. Select the chapter you want from the list, and click Add to List. Repeat for any other chapters you want to add. Do this for each playlist.

Create a new Menu page. Link the menu items Songs on the main menu to the new Songs menu. Add a text item "Song 1" and link this to the Chapter Playlist for that song (you can rename playlists to make them easier to identify). Repeat for all songs.

The Play All option just links to the start of the movie, as you want to play all songs in order anyway.
    Thank you soooo much! it worked like a charm! allways wondered how they did it. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote