VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I upgraded my PC over the holidays and when I installed the HDPVR 2 software (first from the disc, then recent driver update, then most recent Hauppauge Capture update), I now don't get a picture on ShowBiz. I get a picture and audio on Hauppauge Capture, but audio only on ShowBiz.

i'm using HDMI, with a HDCP-eliminating splitter.

Any advice?

TIA.
    Quote Quote  
  2. FTR - I only continue to use ShowBiz, instead of H.C., because I've heard that H.C. has had crashing issues. Maybe these are fixed in newest versions?

Also, I'm not sure how to make sure it's recording 5.1 audio in HC, and ShowBiz tells you right on the main capture screen.

Anyone using H.C.?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the proper source is showing in the "Source" box and the video input is showing "HDMI" then I'd try these in order if I had that problem:

1) Have you checked the device settings? "Video Proc amp" and choose default in case it's set too dark to show the video.

2) If that doesn't do it then unplug and replug the splitter

3) If that doesn't do it unplug and replug the HDPVR2

4) If that doesn't do reboot the PC

5) If that doesn't do it reinstall the software.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @dmacgreg37
    Ignore the 1st part of this comment: On HC and 5.1 audio
    I misread your question but decided to leave this for others who may search later

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may already know this but for the sake of others, as far as 5.1 AC3 in HC look under "advanced" and "audio Encoder" and uncheck "disable HDMI AC3 support". After that close and restart HC. The only time I lost 5.1 AC3 capability in either showbiz or HC I had to unplug and replug the splitter.

Sample audio using HC and HDMI:

Name:  test5.1.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  18.8 KB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use potplayer (CTL + F1 and file info) to confirm 5.1 in HC after the fact or a small pre-cap sample but I agree it would be good if it showed it like it does in Showbiz. I tend to use Showbiz more often than not because of this too.
    Last edited by gll99; 31st Dec 2014 at 03:29.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Unplugging/replugging the splitter did fix the issue of 2 channel audio in HC.

Unfortunately, not the video issue in ShowBiz. I may just move to using HC, and doing a quick test file to make sure 5.1 is happening, unless someone knows the fix to ShowBiz.

Thanks very much though gl99.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I had a somewhat similar problem in the past with my Hauppauge Colossus card, but in my case ShowBiz couldn't see the card at all. Please note that is an internal card and not a USB device like you have. The first time that happened, I grudgingly uninstalled and reinstalled all the software. That worked. The 2nd time I checked and the card was lose in the case, so I powered off the PC and reseated the card and it worked fine. I'm struggling to see how either of these can be useful to your problem, but I throw them out there. I suppose you could try uninstalling the ArcSoft software and then installing it again. I don't think ShowBiz is updated any more and I think it's one of those programs that ArcSoft has now abandoned. Can you try installing the older version that came on the DVD disc with your purchase? I've refused to update my ArcSoft from the old version that came with my card because the newer versions don't let you specify a bit rate for capture and that is a deal killer for me. Maybe an older version would work better for you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I had a somewhat similar problem in the past with my Hauppauge Colossus card, but in my case ShowBiz couldn't see the card at all. Please note that is an internal card and not a USB device like you have. The first time that happened, I grudgingly uninstalled and reinstalled all the software. That worked. The 2nd time I checked and the card was lose in the case, so I powered off the PC and reseated the card and it worked fine. I'm struggling to see how either of these can be useful to your problem, but I throw them out there. I suppose you could try uninstalling the ArcSoft software and then installing it again. I don't think ShowBiz is updated any more and I think it's one of those programs that ArcSoft has now abandoned. Can you try installing the older version that came on the DVD disc with your purchase? I've refused to update my ArcSoft from the old version that came with my card because the newer versions don't let you specify a bit rate for capture and that is a deal killer for me. Maybe an older version would work better for you.
    I am using the version of ShowBiz that came on disc, as I haven't found an update. I only updated the driver and the H.C. programs. I may try what you were saying, uninstalling/reinstalling, and see if that does the trick. Strange that with HDMI, it's getting the audio, but not video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The latest HC install package version 32349 dated Dec 15, 2014 is here under the download tab:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr2.html

There is also a beta update for the Capture app version 32357 here under the Beta tab.

edit:
    btw) I haven't updated to these yet.
    Last edited by gll99; 31st Dec 2014 at 16:37.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the Colossus and use Showbiz as well. I installed Hauppauge Capture on my system to try it, but I found I could not use Showbiz for capturing video from the Colossus afterwards. After trying both, I decided Showbiz was better for me, and since I could only use one of them, I uninstalled Hauppauge Capture. I can't recall whether or not I had to uninstall and re-install Showbiz, or if Showbiz just started working again after Hauppauge Capture was removed. I have only used the older version of Showbiz provided on the installation disk which came with my Colossus.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    which HD splitter are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yup, that's the one I'm using as well.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I have the Colossus and use Showbiz as well. I installed Hauppauge Capture on my system to try it, but I found I could not use Showbiz for capturing video from the Colossus afterwards. After trying both, I decided Showbiz was better for me, and since I could only use one of them, I uninstalled Hauppauge Capture. I can't recall whether or not I had to uninstall and re-install Showbiz, or if Showbiz just started working again after Hauppauge Capture was removed. I have only used the older version of Showbiz provided on the installation disk which came with my Colossus.
    Tried all of this, and nothing.

Instead, I'm just using H.C., which doesn't seem to be a big deal. One small thing, it says when I transfer the files from the drive where I record it, to an external HD, it says I'm losing the properties of the file. The time length stays fine though, and that's pretty much what I'm concerned about.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!