VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

I'm trying to convert Blu-ray with subtitles to the TS format and keeping the subtitles (not embedded or as a separate file but as DVB subtitles).

Anyone know of a software that can do this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Might give tsMuxeR a try.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Might give tsMuxeR a try.
    I've looked at that but it seems to only work by selecting single files to convert as opposed to a full Blu-ray
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    eac3to should be able to read a (decrypted) Blu-Ray directory and demux it to elementary streams.
    Then you can remux these with TSmuxer, or maybe with ffmpeg...

Originally Posted by lazareth1 View Post
    I'm trying to convert Blu-ray with subtitles to the TS format and keeping the subtitles (not embedded or as a separate file but as DVB subtitles).
    Does Blu-Ray support DVB subtitles
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 9th Sep 2016 at 08:06. Reason: add info
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    eac3to should be able to read a (decrypted) Blu-Ray directory and demux it to elementary streams.

Does Blu-Ray support DVB subtitles
    No but I need to convert the Blu-ray subtitles to DVB subtitles while also converting the video and audio.
    Quote Quote  
  6. In theory ffmpeg is capable to convert PSG to DVD sub (almost same thing as DVB sub) however when i tried to convert BD sub to DVD sub no errors was reprted but file was or without visible subtitles or unplayable.
    Problem with BD sub file format is 256 vs 4 colors on DVD/DVB (ffmpeg implementation).
    There are some separate application to convert BD sub to other formats but never tried them.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    In theory ffmpeg is capable to convert PSG to DVD sub (almost same thing as DVB sub) however when i tried to convert BD sub to DVD sub no errors was reprted but file was or without visible subtitles or unplayable.
    Problem with BD sub file format is 256 vs 4 colors on DVD/DVB (ffmpeg implementation).
    There are some separate application to convert BD sub to other formats but never tried them.
    That isn't exactly what I need. I need to convert Bluray content to a proper DVB TS file and a proper TS file will also contain a subtitle PID within itself and NOT a separate subtitle file like .srt etc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    In theory ffmpeg is capable to convert PSG to DVD sub (almost same thing as DVB sub) however when i tried to convert BD sub to DVD sub no errors was reprted but file was or without visible subtitles or unplayable.
    That isn't exactly what I need. I need to convert Bluray content to a proper DVB TS file and a proper TS file will also contain a subtitle PID within itself and NOT a separate subtitle file like .srt etc.
    pandy wrote nothing about "separate subtitle files", he wrote:

``There are some separate application to convert BD sub to other formats but never tried them´´

Okay, English is not his native language (and it's not mine either), but I doubt that that's the cause of your misunderstanding

As for ffmpeg (OR ffmbc) — IF it doesn't have proper support for DVB subs, then you'll have to use some commercial TS multiplexer, I'm afraid.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Never tried this before but..

Made a clip from a MKV generated with MakeMKV from a Blu-ray.

Extracted the PGS subtitles with MKVCleaver. Muxed a copy of the clip without subtitles. Converted PGS to idx/vobsub with BDSup2Sub++. Used ffmeg:

ffmpeg -i video.mkv -i subtitle.sub -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec dvbsub out.ts

The dvdsub is recognised in MediaInfo and can be used in VLC - may need some work on the coloring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvbsub1.jpg
Views:	1712
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	38535

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvbsub2.jpg
Views:	1777
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	38536
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    pandy wrote nothing about "separate subtitle files", he wrote:

``There are some separate application to convert BD sub to other formats but never tried them´´

Okay, English is not his native language (and it's not mine either), but I doubt that that's the cause of your misunderstanding

As for ffmpeg (OR ffmbc) — IF it doesn't have proper support for DVB subs, then you'll have to use some commercial TS multiplexer, I'm afraid.

Ok sorry Pandy!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lazareth1 View Post
    Ok sorry Pandy!
    lol no problemo - sorry for my English - it is exactly like El Heggunte wrote - not my native and self learned...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Never tried this before but..

Made a clip from a MKV generated with MakeMKV from a Blu-ray.

Extracted the PGS subtitles with MKVCleaver. Muxed a copy of the clip without subtitles. Converted PGS to idx/vobsub with BDSup2Sub++. Used ffmeg:

ffmpeg -i video.mkv -i subtitle.sub -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec dvbsub out.ts

The dvdsub is recognised in MediaInfo and can be used in VLC - may need some work on the coloring.

[Attachment 38535 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 38536 - Click to enlarge]
    Seems to work for me videobruger thanks! The timing and colour was off just like yours. I fixed this by using the idx file which contains the missing data
    Quote Quote