VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone, I am having problems recreating an effect I saw on a music video and was hoping someone could help me out. The effect is in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWiS_IS6MpQ and goes from the 5 sec to 8 sec mark when the artist opens the barn door. It's basically a camera shake effect(?) but for the life of me I am having huge problems creating it.

I have NewBlueFX Active Camera but no matter how many tweaks I do I can't get it right. I've tried overlays and using a Chroma Keyer and using crops and repositioning the overlay image and that doesn't work.

Trying to get that smooth shake like in the video.

I use Movie Studio Platinum 12 for editing.

Thank you.

***I do non-commercial videos as a hobby which is probably obvious because of my post. Trying to make a video of my daughter.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's a camera shake with a hard cut to footage from the same angle, then a dissolve to the same sequence in color. You can artificially create the shake in Vegas if you need to, but it's basically 4 shots with a dissolve between 2 and 3.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks so much for the reply. Since this is strictly a hobby I wasn't completely sure what you meant but after thinking your instructions through I was in fact able to create the effect. It was the dissolve that I was missing along with re-thinking the layering in the timeline and how I split the scenes up.

Admire what you guys do with editing. Wish I had more time to really divulge myself into it. But it is a damn fun "hobby" for me. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!