VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and hopefully it will be an easy fix. I've looked at a number of different threads already, but still can't find what might be causing this error. I'm trying to shrink a BD50 to a BD25, if that helps.

Here's the log:

----------------------
    [09/26/12] BD Rebuilder v0.42.03 (beta)
    [09:53:48] Source: MMU1NNE1
    - Input BD size: 40.16 GB
    - Approximate total content: [03:32:44.042]
    - Target BD size: 22.95 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
    - Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
    - Decoding/Frame serving: X264/LAVF
    - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
    [09:53:48] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [09:53:48] Processing: VID_00050 (1 of 47)
    - [09:53:48] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00050]
    - [09:54:09] Reencoding video [VID_00050]
    - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 823 frames
    - Bitrate: 18,020 Kbs
    - [09:54:10] Reencoding: VID_00050, Pass 1 of 1
    - Encode failed. Aborting.
    - BD-Rebuilder v0.42.03 (beta)
    - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
    - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
    - HAALI Splitter: 1.11.96.14, Ok
    - FFDSHOW: 3058, not recommended version
    - WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
    - WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
    - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
    - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
    - AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
    - X264: Ok
    - AFTEN: Ok
    - FAAC: Ok
    - MP4BOX: Ok
    - WAVI: Ok
    - TSMUXER: Ok
    [09:54:10] - Failed video encode, aborted

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I commend you for trying to at least give us some information, but the above is mostly useless unfortunately.

Some things that might be tripping you up...
    1) Does your rip contain DTS-EX audio? By default BD-RB does NOT handle such audio. It's becoming a lot more common. You have to manually edit the .INI config file to put support for it in there or BD-RB will barf and die when it hits it. If you search on Google you can find the setting you need to add (I don't remember off the top of my head).
    2) Looks like you have MPEG-4 progressive source, which is good. Interlaced VC-1 sometimes causes BD-RB to barf and die as well. There is no fix for that if it happens.
    3) What did you rip with? Is it up to date? Problems have been reported like yours when ripping with out of date rippers, particularly in the case of AnyDVD.

You are not using the recommended ffdshow which COULD be an issue, but I'd look into #1 and #3 in my list first. Also, sometimes if you play with the settings you can get around weird problems like yours. There's a config option that is turned off by default on using LVAF. Sometimes turning that on helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You mentioned what I ripped with, and that may be my problem. Am I supposed to rip the BD somehow before using BD Rebuilder? That would make sense, now that I type it out, but I was under the (mistaken?) impression that I could use BD Rebuilder as a BD version of CloneDVD. Is that not the case? If not, is there any free software that will do that? Otherwise, how do I rip the BD so that I can use BD Rebuilder?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, you absolutely MUST rip prior to using BD-RB. BluRay discs are encrypted and you can't re-encode them without ripping them first to remove the encryption and copy protection stuff.

AnyDVD HD Decrypter and DVDFab HD Decrypter are the best. There is a free version of DVDFab Passkey that you may be able to use if your BluRay discs aren't new releases. Passkey trails the commercial version of DVDFab by approximately 6 months, so releases newer than its last update probably won't be ripped correctly. There is no other reliable BD ripping software. If you buy anything else, you wasted your money.

I think CloneDVD contains ripping software. BD-RB does not. There are reasons for this, but I don't want to digress and get away from your subject.
    Quote Quote