VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I thought it was year day month but it can't possibly be right as the year is off in these files
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    month-day-year_hour-minute. but it's possible you changed it as you can make it any way you want.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I did not change it from the default but it is displaying a 30 where the year should be, so that must be the day but none of the others fit the year either
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    then i'd guess someone played with the time/date setting in the camera menu. the timestamp comes from the tape.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Based on the WinDV web site, year-month-day_hour-minute-second looks to be the default.

And, to follow up on what aedipuss mentioned, if the timestamp info from the camera is incorrect, check and see if it needs a new "backup" battery. Usually a small, coin-shaped battery (like the CMOS battery in a PC) - BTDT on my Canon MiniDV.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I checked the cam and it is set right, the battery is good and there is no possibility that someone played around with it
    Thankyou for helping
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tape damage or head misalignment can sometimes cause a misread of the time/date data before it has any visible/audible effect on the content itself.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Play your captured file through the Enosoft DV Processor - it will show you the date/time/timecode within the DV.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote