VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD motion menu I created in AE CS5.5. I then imported it into Encore for authoring. However, my menu is 15:10 seconds long, which is what I intended. My loop point is at 14:14 seconds. When previewed, the music track is also looping, which I guess should happen. But since the menu is looping at such a short time lapse, the music sounds like it is being cut-off-and-on, off-and-on, off-and-on, etc.(Well, you get the picture).

Is there a way, if applicable, to have the music simply continue while the video loops? (If there is a solution, it will probably have to be done in After Effects).

Your thoughts.

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK the answer is no since the audio is linked direct to the video - ie in the same vts.

If you want a longer piece of audio to go with a shorter length of video, a fudge would be to lay several lengths of video - your 14 or so seconds - on a video track in an NLE with audio to match the entire length.

You then loop the menu - the long video - at the end so the music only cuts out one time in x where x in the number of times the video has been repeated in the track in the NLE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a little follow up.

There does exist an advanced technique, available with some authoring software, called 'Inverse Selection'

What that does in practice is alter the video content according to the position of the selector on the menu but the audio is un-affected.

There is no actual looping just different elements of the menu become visible as you navigate the menu.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or one could use Audition/Soundbooth to do a fade-in with a fade-out for the expected loop-point. It may not be as elegant as the advanced technique, but it would not be as abrupt as simply cutting in and out.
    The more you learn, the less you know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, JimJohnD, et al, the fade-in and fade-out of the music track, as you indicated is a good idea. I don't mind that it is not elegant. In fact, many Hollywood DVD menus play in that fashion.

As for the other suggestions in the post I will inquire about all of them. Since I am relatively new to After Effects and Encore, I need all of the knowledge and assistance I can receive.
    Quote Quote