VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to make video that will burn to dvd to full screen without using the 'Stretch' selection on the program (is called as zoom options). What option should i pick? Is by stretching i'm losing quality? Also suggest me of a good program that supports full screen without stretching.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Full screen on what shape screen? 4:3? 5:4? 16:9? 16:10? 21:9?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm making to 4:3 and 16:9.
    Quote Quote  
  4. A video can't fill both a 4:3 and 16:9 screen without distorting or cropping the picture on at least one of them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you have 4:3 old std TV video and you want 16:9 for a new TV,
    then you are going to CROP top an Bottom of video and loose part of the picture
    better off to just watch the 4:3 video in the middle of the screen, because that is the way it was recorded
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    if you have 4:3 old std TV video and you want 16:9 for a new TV,
    then you are going to CROP top an Bottom of video and loose part of the picture
    better off to just watch the 4:3 video in the middle of the screen, because that is the way it was recorded
    I have Wondershare DVD Creator and has options that are called 4:3. and 16:9 along with the other selections. According to the test screen when picking those options the videos are resized correctly and without picture loss maybe. Picture looks crisper. What are those selections are actually doing and do you know of a better dvd creator that burns in 10000kbs and also
    have those options? I don't mean are for selecting aspect ratio as are just for screen resizing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For legit DVD, NOTHING should be encoding to 10000kbps, because that is above the allowed limit. Not sure what algorithms they are using to get there, though one could guess. I cannot tell from your post: are you happy with its options or not?

The aspect ratio of your screen is fixed, usually 4:3 or 16:9. The AR of your image can be adjusted to match, or not, depending on the look you are trying to go for. Same goes for resolution, which is a separate thing from AR. Screen=Fixed, Image=adjustable (scalable) or not. But they are inter-related, so something will have to give on the image somewhere if they aren't already an exact match.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    For legit DVD, NOTHING should be encoding to 10000kbps, because that is above the allowed limit. Not sure what algorithms they are using to get there, though one could guess. I cannot tell from your post: are you happy with its options or not?

The aspect ratio of your screen is fixed, usually 4:3 or 16:9. The AR of your image can be adjusted to match, or not, depending on the look you are trying to go for. Same goes for resolution, which is a separate thing from AR. Screen=Fixed, Image=adjustable (scalable) or not. But they are inter-related, so something will have to give on the image somewhere if they aren't already an exact match.

Scott
    The options on Wondershare DVD Creator i tell about for 4:3 and 16:9 are for zoom and not aspect ratio. Aspect ratio have other options. But wondershare encodes only up to 7000kbs. I want to be able to select maximum bitrate. The maximum bitrate of dvds is about 9800kbs. I want a program that have all i mentioned together.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Marios14 View Post
    The options on Wondershare DVD Creator i tell about for 4:3 and 16:9 are for zoom and not aspect ratio. Aspect ratio have other options. But wondershare encodes only up to 7000kbs. I want to be able to select maximum bitrate. The maximum bitrate of dvds is about 9800kbs. I want a program that have all i mentioned together.
    Try AVStoDVD.

That being said, since you haven't told us the aspect ratio of your original file or your tv, please feel free to post back when those still unanswered questions lead to further issues.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!