VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, guys:

I'm having a bit of trouble with this program. Hopefully, it's just something simple. I downloaded the program, but looking at the tutorials, I'm getting a little confused.

I'm trying to export from a VOB file into invididual .mpg files. Depending on my VIDEO, AUDIO & FORMAT settings, I am successful in ripping the clip, but only get one channel of audio. Right now, video is set for COPY, audio is set for COPY. If I use MPEG format, I get no audio at all. If I set Format to MPEG-TS A+V, I get the ciip with only one channel. My original plays with both channels, so I"m not sure why it's not stereo on the other side.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Does your VOB have stereo audio or dual audio?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or edit with mpg2cut2 or dvdshrink in the reauthoring mode.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hech54: Good question. It's stereo. Just a video of a science fiction costume contest. Baldrick: I didn't see mpg2cut listed when I searched on the site for video editors yesterday. I can certainly look at it if this other software doesn't work out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you say it is a simple DVD....and not copy-protected...I'd just run it through VOB2MPEG. That will give you one, giant MPEG2 file, then do any editing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm. Okay. Let me look into it. I just need something simple so I can so I can rip it on my laptop in one room while watching TV, then do the fancy editing on my main computer in our office another time. HOwever, I recall a similar application (maybe not the same one) that gave me problems when trying to pull it into Nero or Adobe to edit. Didn't seem to recognize it as the same mpeg file time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, the VOB2SUB seems to work okay. Thought I might import it into avidemux. Eh - not so much. Crashed with the mpeg file. So, depending on how difficult mpeg2cut2 is. So far, seems like more trouble than it's worth, but i"ll keep at it for a little longer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I use AviDemux almost daily and it has never crashed on any mpeg2 file or any VOB file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I uninstalledit, but may try it again. Previously, I'd been working with individual VOB files I pulled off my HD. The second time, I ripped a different DVD to my laptop (where the software was), and VOB2MPEG made it this one large mpeg file that kept choking Avidemux. I noticed, though, that the sound was much louder on these files, though, so it may have been the first set of files just had very low sound levels. I will probably give avidemux one more chance, since it at least did produce an mpeg with both channels of audio.
    Quote Quote