VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am thinking of buying a good blu ray recorder for my PC and these two come to mind. I believe they are the same unit, one black, one white.

I want to record my home videos from my DV camera to watch and also to use as file archive backups.

Is there anything I should know about them. Maybe there is a better model? I use XP Pro.

I need to know about the best media to last the longest.

Thanks

oz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ozstar100 View Post
    these two come to mind.
    Which two?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    If money is no object, then the Japanese made BD-R and BD-RE disks have a good reputation. Look at those sold under the Sony and Panasonic brands.

If you want good quality at more reasonable prices, I'd stick with Verbatim brand, but don't get the LTH Verbatim disks unless you are absolutely certain that all of your equipment will be compatible with them. Verbatim sells the regular inorganic recording layer disks, as well as the organic LTH disks.

Can't advise you on your choices for burners, since you didn't mention make and models, but the Pioneer burners are top of the line these days.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI, I'm sorry.. Doh!! I was in too much of a hurry to post before going out.

They were..

LG WH10LS30 or BH10LS30

Many thanks for the media help too, Kerry

oz
    Quote Quote