VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How good is the ATI HDTV WONDER card?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've heard there have been some installation issues with it. Though I'm sure subsequent software updates have fixed it.

Personally I recommend the FUSION hdtv card series. I have the GOLD T 3 model. It works great. It has an rf input and a jack adapter for av inputs. The picture is superb and has interface capability with titantv.com. You just click on the program you want to record and it will add it to your program list automatically. The neat thing about that is it will automatically segment your recordings into the time blocks you need - ie 1 hour shows into one hour blocks, 2 hour shows into 2 hour blocks, etc.

The model I got came with a remote which is really slick.

And the price was great. I bought mine online for a $100 in December. This is a model or two older. I think they're up to 5 now in the FUSION series.

You may want to shop around before you commit to ati. Just keep your options open.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rond66
    How good is the ATI HDTV WONDER card?
    This forum covers the HDTV Wonder issues
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=24
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is titantv Free?
    Will this work with the ATI TV cards?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    titantv is free. I don't know what it is compatible with. You can use it like any webbased tv guide just to look at the upcoming shows but to actually load it into your program it would have to be compatible. Take a look at www.titantv.com. I'm sure there is a compatibility list somewhere.

EDIT - It is compatible with the hdtv wonder:

Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by yoda313

Personally I recommend the FUSION hdtv card series. I have the GOLD T 3 model. It works great. It has an rf input and a jack adapter for av inputs. The picture is superb and has interface capability with titantv.com. You just click on the program you want to record and it will add it to your program list automatically. The neat thing about that is it will automatically segment your recordings into the time blocks you need - ie 1 hour shows into one hour blocks, 2 hour shows into 2 hour blocks, etc.
    Same here, got the Fusion Gold 5 RT. Very nice, MUCH better than the MyHD MDP-100 I bought a few months back and its compatible with most PC- PVR programs. I plan on buying another one, cheap too, 150$ for the RT. 100$ for the Lite.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The ATI HDTV WONDER has been mostly a 1st attempt failure.

See it in the bargain bins. All the workarounds have been 3rd party. ATI has abandoned it and provides weak support. Wait for their next effort.
    Quote Quote