VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have subtitles for a particular show and I've synced them at the beginning but on playing the subtitles become more and more out of sync (and it's not because of ads in the show, it's more frequent than that).
    I've always had success with SE but in this case it doesn't work. I'm sure it's the subtitles, how can I sync them without having to resync every couple of minutes of the subtitles?
    I use Windows 8.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe the subtiles you have are for a different framerate. You can adjust that with SE. What's the framerate of the video? The subtitles appear before or after the speech?
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The frame rate says 25 frames/second.
    And the subtitles appear before the speech. It's like they're too fast for the video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Load the sub into subtitle edit and select synchronization/change frame rate and from frame rate choose 23.976 and to frame rate select 25 and click on ok and save.If it still doesn't stay in sync then it's not the proper subtitle.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Load the sub into subtitle edit and select synchronization/change frame rate and from frame rate choose 23.976 and to frame rate select 25 and click on ok and save.If it still doesn't stay in sync then it's not the proper subtitle.
    That will make them even faster. What is needed is the opposite effect, but if the video is 25fps there's no way to do it in SE.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, it didn't work. I don't know how they can't be the proper subtitles when all the wording is correct.
    I do appreciate your help though, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    That will make them even faster. What is needed is the opposite effect, but if the video is 25fps there's no way to do it in SE.
    Yes you can,just set a different frame rate such as 25 to 24 and experiment,you can select any frame rate you want,the only thing is if the scene changes are longer or shorter then it will reflect in the sub and the only way you can fix that is to check the time till it goes out of sync.

If it's out of sync after a scene change then you need to to correct it by selecting all the other lines and changing the time codes,if it just goes out of sync no matter what then the sub for that show has a different run time.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Deksta: I'm very new to this myself, but you're looking at a PAL video encoded at 25 frames per second. Might your subtitles be coded for NTSC video at 29.97 frames per second? That would make them quite a bit faster. It's worth a try converting the frame rate from 29.97 to 25. Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!