VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    What are transparencies?
    You answered your own question:

I have seen where the sub background can show through or solid.
    Background? Do you mean 'outline'? The background should always be fully transparent. The text outlines are sometimes less than opaque. That can be changed in DVDSubEdit, but it doesn't accept VobSubs as input. You have to first convert them to SUP (SubtitleCreator), use DVDSubEdit to make the outline opaque, and then convert back to VobSub (SubtitleCreator again).

SubtitleCreator itself can change the colors of VobSubs. At least I think it can, never having used it for that, but it has a bunch of color stuff you can play around with. I only suggested it because you seem to be having trouble with VobSub.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes I am having trouble with VobSub to do anything right. I found a guide and the problems may be in setup
    or what I have lacking in it. At least the guide has some screen shots.

However maybe what I'm requesting is just not doable. The black background that the sub could be in is fine.
    But I have seen that background be in translucent-- not grey just 'see through.'' That is not necessary . Plane black like they have in opera titles and some other sources would make the text more readable. It was just an idea. I'm glad I got the subs at all-- and not using Vobsub because it appears to be a pita with more than a bit of 'F8 foolishness' meaning things aren't adequately explained anywhere.
    Quote Quote  
  3. More on VOBSub which I am redoing from scratch.

This is probably an 'old boy error" which everyone knows the answer to but me. During install
    and with the "Plugins" "VOBSub for Direct Show" and "TextSub for Virtual Dub and AVI Synth" checked.

The Following error occurs:

Header VobSub Setup 2.23

Error c:\Program Files (x86) Virtual Dub Mod_1_5_10_2_b2542 is not a valid path for Virtual Dub plugin

There's a lot of places for an error here: The x86 Program directory of Win 7, my operating system
    An incorrect version of Virtual Dub which please give the right one
    or whatever else path correction is needed.

The guide might have introduced me to this error but it did not.

However, if I get it going it appears that some custom subtitles with translucent background is possible.

While awaiting reply I will try to install Virtual Dub regular from the videohelp list and make another attempt.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
    Error c:\Program Files (x86) Virtual Dub Mod_1_5_10_2_b2542 is not a valid path for Virtual Dub plugin
    You didn't allow AutoGK to install VDubMod into the AutoGK directory?
    Quote Quote  
  5. We're dealing with VOBSub here. And with a fresh install of Virtual dub latest edition I'm getting the same error.
    We switched topics somewhat during this discussion. The problem is noted in VOBsub. The program issues the error and then hangs not allowing it to close properly and reboot is necessary.

VOBsub does not like any path to any Virtual dub at this point. I don't know if it's looking for a particular folder name or what. This certainly can't be a new problem after so many years of Vobsub.
    Last edited by loninappleton; 9th Dec 2014 at 20:09. Reason: grammar
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!