VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, I have a Panasonic PV-GS300 digital tape video camera. When watching back the tape on the camera flip out monitor screen and/or watching video from hard drive during editting, the quality is great.

But I was watching my finished product on my tv and whenever the video is of action, moving left or right, such as following a runner in a little league game, the video quality gets all checked and poor. Again, but not while watching the original tape in the camera. So I imagine it's something I did or didn't select during editting or burning?? Appreciate any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably not enough bitrate

Can you list the settings and software used?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I select a downloaded segment of home video to add to an editting project it shows a pop up box giving video specs, which read, video bit rate: 248583168, AVI format,
    frame rate 29.970030 fps,
    media size 720 x 480,
    aspect ratio 16 x 9.

I used: Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 "DVD Builder". I can use the cameras software that came with it to download. But it does not have a disk burning ability. So I just use the old Roxio software for downloading, editting and burning phases.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What you want to look at is the bitrate of the encoded video for the DVD , not the source file

If you use too low a bitrate there will be lots of pixellation or macroblocking, most noticable on scenes with action. See if you can raise it in your software (there will be limit for DVD-Video) , or use other software
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. At least I know what to focus in on now. Yes I believe the advanced settings options on the software is very limiting. I look in to it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Chiplexic View Post
    Yes I believe the advanced settings options on the software is very limiting. I look in to it.
    You might also look into using something - anything - other than the garbage that is Roxio. Maybe try AVS2DVD.
    Quote Quote