VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone else have an issue with xmedia recode crashing when you enable subtitles and also perform a bit of cropping (to remove the black bars at top/bottom of movie)? In testing the preview mode i can preview the single line subtitles but with the subtitles that appear on multiple lines (eg: two or more lines) the subtitles are positioned in such a way that the first line appears on top of the movie itself and the second/third lines are actually trying to appear in the black area below the movie area that i just cropped off and so the program simply crashes (in preview mode and when encoding).

I noticed this bug probably 4-5 months ago so it is not a new bug that cropped up with a recent release or anything. I have also been able to replicate this issue on different video sources and on multiple computers (win7x64, win8x64).

I was able to find a reply that portal2 had mentioned that seems to reflect my same bug- (https://www.videohelp.com/tools/XMedia-Recode#11010) and he mentions something to the effect of " This can be sorted by resetting all subtitle positions before hand and having them display in a standard postion." - does anyone have any idea how you can reset the the subtitle positions in Xmedia Recode?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi h1pchek,
    Could make a video for the developer Tried to disable and enable subtitles?
    I have a problem with putting digits for trimming frames
    Quote Quote  
  3. It seems to work if I encode the video twice. Once with all the settings and such from the original source files and with the cropping I want to an mp4/m4v file format. Then a second encode but this time using the mp4/m4v file i originally generated as my source and this time i can import the srt subtitle files without and issues.

kinda sucks that i have to do the encoding twice but i guess it works.
    Quote Quote