VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know there are many Blu-ray and DVD players (with custom firmware or without) that will read avi/divx files and allow one to change the size or the font, or add a black outline to the .srt or other external subtitles attached to said files.

My question is whether there any Blu-ray players from the past 4 or 5 years that provide these same subtitle rendering options (again, with or without custom firmware) for MKV subs. All of the ones I have used or read about seem to have one default size (which in almost all cases is far too small when viewed on a TV). I know there are various media players that have these options, but I am trying to find a stand alone blu-ray player that might at least have this ability to change the sizes of the subs.

Any help greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Many players that allow you to change the size, font and add black outlines? Dude, your post is the first I've ever heard of this. I'd be absolutely shocked if just one player allowed you to do what you ask about.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'd be happy with even the one option to change the size (ala small, medium, large).
    I know that Philips and Oppo blu-ray players have the option to shift the position of the subs on the screen, but still in search of a player that has an option to change the size of the .srt sub file to a larger size.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try ask/search in http://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/ . But I doubt you will find any with font size settings.

Or maybe try find a portable media player for your mkv files. THey have more settings. Or build a htpc with a blu-ray player....complex though.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks Baldrick, I will ask there as well.

Can anyone suggest a few media players confirmed to have a good variety of options for changing subtitle font size, outline or border around text, sub position, and/or color? Does the WD TV Media player do a good job as far as this goes?
    Last edited by JukeboxAMI; 31st Jan 2015 at 15:52.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!