VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am getting a strange problem when in "Menu Edit" mode or "Video Edit" modes. The video seems to be cut up in slices and spread across two columns. Has anyone else experienced this problem and possibly found a solution? This problem occurs with both SD & HD video's. Also the format of the video's don't seem to matter for this problem to occur (Tried mpg, ts, mkv). I am running the software on a Windows 7 Pro (64bit) system with 8gb of DDR3 RAM with a nVidia GeForce 8600GTS video card and a AMD Phenom II x6 CPU running at 3.2gHz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	taw5.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	11510
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I've seen that problem in the clip preview window also. I think it's a bug in the program. In case you haven't tried
    you can put you mouse on the slider in the upper right and slide it back and forth and the video preview will go back to normal.
    Hoping they can fix this soon. Another thing I like to see is DTS audio support in MKV files. These files can't be authored until
    I convert the DTS audio to AC3 with some free tools like MKVtoolnix and DAudioK to convert the DTS audio to AC3.
    Other than that this is one of the best pieces of software I've ever used. I'm now converting all my files that are in HD format
    to AVCHD. Now the HD video produced by my Lumix FZ-40 digicam can be preserved in all it's original sharpness thanks to AVCHD,
    without using that expensive Blu-ray media.
    Another thing nice about AVCHD is if a friend wants a copy on DVD the program will convert my AVCHD copy to a standard DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the fast reply. I tried what you suggested and it didn't work for me at first until I rolled back my display driver to version 275.33. The version that I was running was 296.10. So it kind of looks like what's causing the problem is either a compatability problem with either the video card, the driver or both with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5. So maybe I should look into upgrading my video card. Any suggestions on a good reasonably priced video card. I don't need anything super high end since I don't play computer games, but I do watch Blu-ray and other HD video's on my computer. Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try this: right click on the video in the video edit window and disable use fast rendering mode.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Brainiac!!! I disabled fast rendering mode and that solved my problem. I believe that version 4 of the software also had this problem. At least the trial version did anyway. I never purchased the software because it did not support creating AVCHD disc's as well as H.264 Blu-ray disc's.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! Can you tell me if that samurai template is included on TAW5? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The TMPGenc website claims that the product has not been certified for use with 64-bit Windows. Do what many have done: upgrade to XP.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 23rd Mar 2014 at 07:22.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    faramith,
    The background that you see on my screen capture is part of a TMPGEnc included template. I'm not sure if it came with the original package or was part of one of the 4 free downloadable theme packs (see link below).

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/taw5_template.html
    Last edited by KTH; 11th Aug 2012 at 15:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    The TMPGenc website claims that the product has not been certified for use with 64-bit Windows. Do what many have done: upgrade to XP.
    Or ... have a dual boot ... WIN XP and WIN 7 64bit ... I use ... TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 and it did work for awhile and then I started getting errors when I tried to edit out commercials with ... TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.

But ... TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 ... works just fine in my WIN XP install.

I have no problems using ... TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works in WIN 7 64bit.
    Quote Quote