VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, as a 3D photographer I shoot multicam 3D photos (Illuminessence.co.uk) I have a Fuji Finepix V3 3D glasses free media player that plays 3D MPO photo files & separate stream AVI files e.g. NOT side-by-side by 2 channels in one AVI container. I've never come across this format before apart from my Fuji W3 3D camera which shoots video in that format. Does anyone know a converter I can use to take side by side 3D & convert to separate stream AVI pls?

Will
    Quote Quote  
  2. Someone tells me GraphStudio might be able to do it, but I don't understand what the 'graphing' is about. I use After Effects & Sony Vegas if that helps.
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  3. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319455-How-to-Demux-avi-with-multiple-video-streams

If this is a similar stream to Fujifilm Finepix Real3D W1, have a look at jagabo's graph in post #6 and the following posts. Or you can demux it with ffmpeg post #4

AE and Vegas won't be able to do this
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    According to the V3 manual:
    Supported Filetypes: Movies: AVI(MotionJPEG) with 2 image channels
    and
    This product supports only AVI format files that have a frame size of 1,280x720 or smaller and use MotionJPEG compression; MOV files and files recorded using H.264 compression cannot be played back.
    There are a number of different compositional or layout subformats that can be considered "3D". There are common large categories:
    1. Separate Files (usually labeled the same except final view designator, and in same folder), e.g. MyVideo_L.avi & MyVideo_R.avi
    2. Separate Streams, muxed together into a single file, e.g. Fuji Finepix W1 & W3 files, Cineform 3D files, StereoscopicPlayer DualMux WMV3D files, Cornucopia 3D streams (yes, that's ME! - I've been doing it this way for ~7 years).
    3. Single File, Single Stream, but layout is NOT COMPATIBLE with common 2D bandwidth restrictions, e.g. Side-by-side Non-anamorphic 3840x1080, TaB Non-anamorphic 1920x2160, etc.
    4. Single File, Single Stream, and layout IS COMPATIBLE with common 2D bandwidth restrictions, e.g. SbS Anamorphic 1920x1080, TaB Anamorphic 1280x720, Anaglyph 1920x1080, etc.

Not sure which ones you are referring to in your original post, but I think you mean #2, even though it sounds to me like #1 or #4. However, the others are thinking #2, so I'll go with that...

Important: since the V3 only accepts what amounts to basically ONLY W1 or W3 type streams (#2) as input using USB card/memory, trying to remux or demux won't get you what you want, unless your streams are ALREADY of acceptable size, MJPG codec and AVI container (which I doubt).
    If your streams are from other sources, you will have to separate the SbS, TaB, etc layouts into their constituent files (which can easily be done with AVISynth scripts, Virtualdub filters, etc) and then mux them correctly into an AVI container. However, you will likely also have to size them correctly AND reencode them to MJPG also. IMO, the most direct way to do this is with a single app: StereoMovieMaker, as it has presets for (inputting &) outputting to the W3 (or W1) format. *Note*: this app isn't as optimized at encoding movie files as it should, and seems limited to outputting to <=2GiB sizes each.

Hope that covers what you're looking for. If you explain further what you've got, I should be able to help much more...

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 13th May 2013 at 14:24.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Scott, thnx for the quick reply, v kind. Yes #2 is right. E.g. if I download a 3D side-by-side MP4 from YouTube, edit out the parts I don't want, save, then convert to Fuji W3 AVI format to play on the Finepix V3 multi media player.

I've got SMM so will try when I get home on Wed. I use SPM to convert L & R in to MPOs.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Will
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think this GraphStudio (or GraphEdit) graph will work:

Click image for larger version

Name:	graph.png
Views:	2325
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	24971

1) Start GraphStudio.
    2) Select Graph -> Insert Filter...
    3) Add two instances of AVI/WAV File Source (it will ask for the file names for each).
    4) Add Avi Mux.
    5) Add File Writer (it will ask for a file name, be sure to include the .AVI extension).
    6) Connect all the output/input pins as show by click-drag-drop from output to input pins.
    7) Press the Play button.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That OUGHT to work fine.
    However, I have seen on other sites where something similar to this did NOT get it working.
    If it doesn't work with this, I believe it might have to do with some Fuji-specific metadata that needs to be included at a certain point. I do know that the Stream Name/Title chunk of the video streams needs to say "FUJIFILM AVI STREAM 0200" (exactly as written, case-sensitive). That is for the W3. I don't have the W1, but am guessing their's might say "FUJIFILM AVI STREAM 0100"?
    Oh, and it always seems to be muxed so that (L) video stream is Stream ID#0, then audio is Stream ID#1, then (R) video stream is Stream ID#2. Plus the "AVIF_WAS_CAPTUREFILE" flag is used.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    If it doesn't work with this, I believe it might have to do with some Fuji-specific metadata that needs to be included
    Yes, that's quite common with many devices. Not only do the appropriate audio and video streams need to be there but some other metadata as well. And the exact way everything is muxed must be identical to the files the camera produces (types, and position of chunks, padding, etc).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, in this case it can't be too complex, as SMM was able to reverse-engineer it to a level of acceptability.

Scott
    Quote Quote