VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to watch some ESPN3 sports live stream on my TV. Is there a simple way to do this . the TV is DLNA capable and connected to a home network by wired ethernet as are my computers. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sportflyer View Post
    I would like to watch some ESPN3 sports live stream on my TV. Is there a simple way to do this . the TV is DLNA capable and connected to a home network by wired ethernet as are my computers. Thanks
    As far as I can discover using Google, there is no smart TV app for ESPN channels in the USA.

It is possible to stream ESPN channels using other devices connected to the TV, but this requires a subscription of some kind to a TV service which includes the ESPN channel that you want to watch plus the WatchESPN app: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/apps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like the simplest way for me is to connect my windows tablet to the TV via HDMI. I was hoping to be able to just stream from my desktop directly to TV via ethernet which saves me connecting a cable to the back of the TV which is hard to get to.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not heard of any screen mirroring solutions for a smart TV that use a wired home network to connect to a PC. DLNA only works for streaming files on a wired home network. It doesn't support mirroring the screen.

Miracast, WiDi and other wireless screen mirroring solutions require the the TV to be in the same room, in close proximity. They can't use your home network.

Just get one of the supported streaming media devices for the TV. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/apps
    Quote Quote