VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok here's the scenario:

I created a mkv file with a aac track as audio track 1 and ac3 5.1 as audio track 2.

I need this to be an mp4 file.

Winff in passthru mode only keeps the ac3 for some strange reason.

Avidemux 2.6.5 64bit won't save it in copy mode for this reason:

only aac and mpegaudio supported for audio

-----------------------------------------------------

How do I remux this mkv to mp4 while maintaining both the track order and both tracks?

----------------------------------------------------

Fyi I want this to play on a xbox 360. It will see the mp4 when the ac3 track is first and aac second but it will not play it - in other words it shows the file name with a circle with a line through it showing its not playable.

I can play the mp4 with ac3 on my ps3 which is great. And I can play it on my bluray player just fine. But I want the perfect file that will play on all three devices. Yes I know it's asking a lot and yes the ps3 is in the same room as the xbox 360 so I don't even need to do this.

But I want to burn this to a dual layer disc and be able to use this one disc on three different units.

So is there a way to use winff and keep BOTH tracks in the same order?

I did use mkvtoolnix to reorder the mp4 file so that the aac track was first. But I can't save as mp4 with mkvtoolnix - or can I?

Thanks.

Edit - just to clarify i do have a mp4 file with ac3 and aac. I just need the order reversed, so aac is track 1 and hopefully that lets the xbox 360 play it while retaining the ac3 5.1 track for the ps3 and bluray player. The ps3 will play the mp4 with just ac3 a-ok.

Edit - also I know about aac 5.1 but I have a standard def amp that is at least 10 years old, probably more so it doesn't know what aac is.
    Last edited by yoda313; 11th Jan 2014 at 11:41.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You should use either MP4Box or L-Smash.
    Since your source file is an MKV, first you'd better extract the elementary streams, and only then remux to a properly-written MP4.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    You should use either MP4Box or L-Smash.
    Since your source file is an MKV, first you'd better extract the elementary streams, and only then remux to a properly-written MP4.
    Thanks.

I do have mymp4boxgui but I don't see how to select or deselect audio streams. I'm using version 0.6.0.6. ( I only see the actual video file itself and it doesn't seem to give me a choice for the audio tracks)

I actually have both an mp4 with ac3 as track 1 and aac as track 2 and an mkv (the mkv now has aac as track 1 and ac3 as track 2).

I want to either reorder the mp4 so aac is track 1 or remux the mkv as is to mp4.

Thanks.

Edit - oh yeah in case it matters its a level 4 h264 from a bluray rip. I used ripbot to do the conversion.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Don't use the GUI, use the command-line EXE, and choose a recent build as well:

http://sada5.sakura.ne.jp/files/index.php?folder=TVA0Qm94

If you feel like trying L-Smash (whose "remuxer.exe" can import MP4 files):

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/357754-%5BHEVC%5D-x265-EXE-mingw-builds?p=2275524&v...=1#post2275524
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.

Actually I may have stumbled on to something by accident. I had made another file that was standard def with ac3 5.1 in an mp4 file and the xbox 360 played it just fine, with surround and everything.

This file I'm working with might be over the limit the xbox 360 can handle.

The ps3 is designed to play blurays so its no surprise it can handle a high bitrate video file. The xbox 360 isn't desigend for bluray so it might be at its peak.

I initially blamed the audio but since it does handle ac3 in mp4 for standard def I might be at a max for the video itself.

Here is the video - and yes I know its pal at 25fps but I've played pal on the xbox 360 just fine (in fact the test file I was just talking about was a pal sd file).

Here is the video stats of the one I'm trying to play (the one that I want to have aac and ac3 audio on):

: 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 1h 35mn
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 10.7 Mbps
    Maximum bit rate : 25.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.206
    Stream size : 6.95 GiB (98%)
    Writing library : x264 core 129 r2245 bc13772
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=2 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=10 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=10661 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

I don't know if 10mb/s and 1080p is too much for the xbox 360.

I do now have a mp4 with the aac audio and I will add the ac3 in separately.

I'm wondering if it's the video and not the audio.

Actually scratch that I think I will go ahead and burn a disc with the video and the aac audio only without the ac3 and see if it will play it at all.
    Quote Quote