VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I removed an nvidia card a few days ago because it was giving me issues, and today decided to remove the remaining drivers as well. I have a HD 4600 internal GPU with the drivers installed, so I was using that as a fallback, but after uninstalling the nvidia drivers I decided to reboot, but screen showed up in low resolution and low bitdepth like 4 or 2bit only. Had to enter SafeMode reinstall Intel Graphic drivers and then now everything seems ok on that part, then when I tried to load an avs file on vdub, an error message like this popped up:

"Error at program initialization because couldn't find OpenCL.dll"

like 3 or 4 times, then the file loads. What is this? First why nvidia drivers are always such a pain? I downloaded a dummy file here to shut up the application, but I would like to know what is really happening.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Dogway; 21st Jan 2014 at 14:15.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's not really vdub is it ? Could it be your avs ? Do you have any calls to openCL filters in the avs ? e.g. NLMeansCL ? etc...

Can you open a random AVI directly in vdub without it complaining (without the dummy file) ?

To get rid of all nvidia traces you might need to run a registry and driver cleaner
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 21st Jan 2014 at 13:50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. As said by poisondeathray, it might be some filters that you are using in your AVS script, not vdub.
    just turn off filters one-by-by to figure out in your script.

Normally I prefer download from original OEM sources.
    I have attached original "opencl32.dll" from Intel OpenCL SDK (x32) drivers.

SCAN first before you use.
    If you use, copy same first AVISynth Plugins, if it does not work
    then copy Virtual Dub plugin or main directory, proper directory search is trial and error depends on what you are loading into avs script.
    if it does not work at all, just remove it from your computer.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by enim; 21st Jan 2014 at 13:59.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by enim View Post
    Normally I prefer download from original OEM sources.
    I have attached original "intelopencl32.dll" from Intel OpenCL SDK drivers.
    @enim, are you sure it's legal to redistribute that DLL

------------

@ the mods/Admin: and IMHO, this topic is rather misplaced
    Quote Quote  
  5. did i said SDK?
    I wud not care to offer a helping hand to fallen ones.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sure, the first thing I tried before opening a thread (I don't open them lightly), was to load a simple ffvideosource() line, and that triggers it. I'm going to empty my plugin folder as well, but I mean, this is strange avspmod doesn't ask for OpenCL.dll.

edit: what an unfortunate coincidence, the same day I uninstall the nvidia drivers, I decided to load (put on the plugins folder) the svpflow.dll plugins which run by GPU. My bad guys, I also think the thread was a bit off on this section, but didn't know where to post. Anyways I stay true, nvidia drivers are a pain always. Sorry for confusion again.
    Last edited by Dogway; 21st Jan 2014 at 14:15.
    Quote Quote  
  7. as title says
    VirtualDub asks....
    as far as I know VirtualDub does not ask any thing, just gives...
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by enim View Post
    did i said SDK?
    I wud not care to offer a helping hand to fallen ones.
    I don't use anything OpenCL, thus I had to ask.

Anyway, if someone is going to be sued for breaking this or that EULA,
    I'm glad it won't be me
    Quote Quote  
  9. nothing serious, nothing personal.

i hate all the hurting-barriers created by humans in terms of licensing, laws , registration and tons more to be named. Just for an example where I live even barber needs license as if he or she does not cut someone's neck!

That's the reason I LuV TuX - no serial numbers, no registration - use as much as you can. Now a days I hardly do any encoding. my basic requirements are completely fulfilled by TuX. I like using Libre-Office/OpenOffice, as they do more than just serving purpose. I am less concerned about privacy - as everything comes in as in free beer goes out like as in free beer. No Worries.
    I LuV freedom.
    Quote Quote