VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys i was struggling to recover one tape that is damaged ( it look like it was jammed couple of times or handled without care )
    I used median/3 capture but because the errors are on the same place it didn't solve the problem i also searched videohelp and doom9 for any script ( i found mostly based on mvtools and masktools but they were useless). Another problem is that the broken frames are 10-20 in a row so fiddling with rx and changing bad frames and interpolation produces some weird artifacts.

I want to fix this or delete the frames but without screwing the audio ( in the bad frames there is conversation between people that will be cut, if i do just plane cut of the bad frames in vdub for example)

So is there any masking fixing or deleting that i can do so the audio still plays in sync

The bad examples
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by mammo1789; 16th Oct 2012 at 16:43.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can't just delete the video frames and keep the audio. You need something to fill that space - you have to replace the video frames with something - either blank frames, or duplicate frames e.g. badframes.dll
    Quote Quote  
  3. is this plugin i couldn't find it i also tried bad frames script with no avail

poisondeathray i uploaded example
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post
    is this plugin i couldn't find it i also tried bad frames script with no avail
    http://avisynth.org.ru/badframes/badframes.html

badframes just replaces with duplicate . So picture will be held static for those 20 frames .

Or you can replace with a black frame (e.g. use trim and aligned splice)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post

poisondeathray i uploaded example

ok, for this one you can repair it (semi)-manually with other compositing and motion tracking programs like after effects, mocha. What you do is motion track parts of good frames and mask or "cover up" the bad parts of frames .

It's a more work than using somefilter() , and the requirement is you need sections of good frames to copy from. Also, it only works if the stuff copied from is static or low motion . When those requirements aren't met, you actually have to photoshop certain key frames to derive information from
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have after effects but i never fully understand it or used it much other then simple animations or intros

What you do is motion track parts of good frames and mask or "cover up" the bad parts of frames .
    thanks pois but i will have to learn the masking and motion tracking and i know it will take me some time ( which i don't have at a moment ), so i can use it properly until that time i think pirej had some pretty good scripts i will try to dig some old treads because he is not very active recently i used them some times but they usually work if the bad frames are just 1 or 2 in a row and here on the video i have sometimes as much as 30 or more
    Quote Quote