VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone point me to a great tool for converting out of ASF with a batch mode? I've searched the forum, i've gone through videohelp.com but I can't find anything good. I tried Super Video Converter but wasn't impressed. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    WM Encoder. You can run batch scripts in CLI mode with it (will have to learn it's complex scripting synthax 1st though). Check MS website.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    EOVideo can do it too
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    After being informed, I notice I misread the OP. He wants to convert ASF to some kind of AVI that'll work in Vegas. That's both harder and easier.

Harder, because there's not a lot of good programs to do that, but easier because you already have the one that'll probably do it best -- WindowsMovieMaker.

Load the ASF/WMV in WMM. (Hopefully, it won't "split on scenes"--there are workarounds for that elsewhere though) Drop in the timeline.
    Export to DV-AVI (will be type1).
    If Vegas won't take type1 (it should), convert to type2 with DVDate.

Whatever quality you get will be the best that's possible given your source quality...

Scott

BTW, there is NO batch way to do this that I know of, except maybe Procoder/Cleaner (assuming they'll take WMV input--which I doubt).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    EOVideo can batch encode from ASF to AVI or MPEG.
    There's a 30 day free trial if you want to try it
    Quote Quote