VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have a video in avi format and I want to add some power point slides as video in video (video on the left and slides on the right/top right corner). How can i do it?

Please help.

Thanks !!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any decent video editor should be able to handle that. It involves resizing the slides and positioning them in the upper right corner. The track with the slides should be above the track with the video on the timeline. Specific details depends on the editor you are using.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Brianiac,

I have Vegas Movie Platinum and Cyber link power director.

Is it possible that I dont overlap the slides on my video instead I append them on the right side of screen (same width as video) ?

Please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are using a timeline with 2 tracks (at least), place your video on the bottom track. Scrub the timelime until you reach the point where you want to place the slide on top of the video (picture in picture). Place the slide on the top track. Now you have to resize the slide and reposition it on the timeline until it is where you want it. You will have to adjust the duration for the slide it you want it to be longer os shorter. I used Vegas way before Sony acquired it. The PIP effect was called cookie cutter, IIRC. Do a search on PIP or cookie cutter in Vegas' help file or the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Brainiac,

Now since you have been using these tools for so long, which is the best video tool according to you for not so experienced user.

Thanks again for your prompt responses !!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That depends on what you want to do. If you want simple, try VideoStudio, Sony Vegas Movie Platinum, Pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premiere Elements. If you want sophisticated, try Sony Vegas Pro or Adobe Premiere. I did not list all of the available editors. Your best bet would be to start looking online for tutorials. Or try visiting the Sony forums. I'm sure someone there can get you started right away. I would stick with what you already have, learn the concepts, then go from there.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are right. Thanks for all the information.
    Quote Quote