VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm attempting to convert a MKV file to MP4 using the "one click encoder" feature in MeGUI 2507.

Inside the input MKV file, the video is 1080 pixels wide in x264 format and the audio is encoded in DTS.

My target output is video 720 pixels wide in x264 format with the audio encoded in AAC (using the Nero AAC encoder).

The only problem I'm having is that MP4 is not an option under...

One Click Encoder - Advanced Config - Output Settings - Container Format

The only option is MKV. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't use the OneClick encoder but the way I understand it.....

If you click on the Config button next to the OneClick Profile drop down box near the bottom of the OnceClick encoder window, a new window opens and should give you a choice of file types under the Output tab. If a file type isn't checked, I don't think it'll be available to use as an output file type.

Once you've checked MP4 and closed the Profile configuration, select "show advanced settings" (if need be) and switch to the Advanced Config tab. You should now be able to set the output container to MP4. If you deslected MKV as an output option in the Profile configuration, I'd imagine your choice of container format under Advanced Config will be MP4, or MP4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. OneClick profile - Config...open (Output) and the check MP4 - OK
    Now you have MP4 : One Click Encoder - Advanced Config - Output Settings - Container Format

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ops, sorry hello_ hello ... you were quick ...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I don't use the OneClick encoder but the way I understand it.....

If you click on the Config button next to the OneClick Profile drop down box near the bottom of the OnceClick encoder window, a new window opens and should give you a choice of file types under the Output tab. If a file type isn't checked, I don't think it'll be available to use as an output file type.
    That was... not intuitive at all. But it did the trick. Thank you.

You say that you don't use OneClick encoder... How else would one do it? I don't see any way to select an input file (other than audio) in the primary GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The File/Open menu lets you select an individual file, then MeGUI should offer to index it and/or extract the audio. It might ask you first how you'd prefer to open the video and the file indexer should be one of the options. You'd add the indexing job to the queue and run it. When it's done the script creator should open with a preview for you to manually apply cropping and resizing etc, and if you're into modifying scripts manually you can do that too. When you're done you'd save the script which is loaded into the video section for encoding. I'm a bit fussy (or I have video encoding OCD) so I like to do all that stuff "manually". Although you can create scripts and use them as the source video for the OneClick encoder, which lets you batch encode.

You can add a script in the video section (primary GUI) to the queue for encoding as you can for audio loaded into the audio section, or AutoEncode is a way of adding them both while getting MeGUI to output a finished (muxed) file so you don't need to combine the video and audio manually. It'll also let you over-ride any video encoder settings in respect to file size if you need a specific file size for some reason. If the x264 encoder is configured for "quality" encoding and you specify a file size in AutoEncode, MeGUI will automatically switch to 2 pass encoding for you and work out the required bitrate.

The Tools/File Indexer menu is another way to open files directly for indexing.

Another method is to use the script creator (Tools/AVS Script Creator). When you pick a video for the script creator input MeGUI will generally ask how you want to open it, and mostly you'd want to use the file indexer, so it's just another way of doing the same thing. If however, you're wanting to re-open a file that's been previously indexed, you can use the index file as the input video so you don't need to index it again. Lots of ways to open a video.

The OneClick encoder no doubt does all the indexing stuff "behind the scenes" but it'd still be indexing. The other options for opening files aside from the File Indexer might be AVISource (perfectly fine for AVIs as long as you have the necessary codecs installed for decoding) or DirectShowSource (not so reliable and pretty much a "last resort" method unless you know you need to use it for a particular reason).

Click image for larger version

Name:	script creator.gif
Views:	696
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	30398
    Last edited by hello_hello; 22nd Feb 2015 at 19:12.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Wow! Thank you. I had no idea how much functionality this program has. I see why it's so popular.

It will take me some time to digest all of this.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!