VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello there, i am new to this, so don't laugh just yet.

I have made a 5 Gig video and wish to put it on Youtube where it allows only 2 Gig max.

I have used handbrake to compress/reduce the video down but it reduced down 90% to half gig with less quality, so with 1.5 Gig gap thinking of how to compress/reduce down by less % to end up with the best quality at just under 2 Gig for the compression to be the best possible on youtube.

Can anyone out there help me

Thank you so much
    Michael
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try lower the constant quality setting under the video tab. Try around 10-15. It will give you a bigger file size and usually a bit better quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What is with this Variable or constant framerate mean
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the filesize limit at youtube is 20gb i believe.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by musopark View Post
    What is with this Variable or constant framerate mean
    Mostly video uses a constant frame rate. There's some exceptions where the frame rate changes.... As an example DVD/Bluray video where the frame rate might be mostly 23.976 but there'll be parts (even if it's just the opening credits or a section with special effects) where it's 29.970. I don't encode animation much, but apparently it's more likely to have a variable frame rate.
    If you select the variable frame rate option and the video has a variable frame rate, it'll be encoded "as-is". If you select constant frame rate the video will be converted to a single, common frame rate (I'd assume whichever frame rate the majority of the video uses). If the source video is already constant frame rate then the setting shouldn't make any difference.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by musopark View Post
    I have used handbrake to compress/reduce the video down but it reduced down 90% to half gig with less quality, so with 1.5 Gig gap thinking of how to compress/reduce down by less % to end up with the best quality at just under 2 Gig for the compression to be the best possible on youtube.
    Use Handbrake's High Profile preset. It's the only one which uses the default x264 encoder settings. The rest use faster settings by default.
    If you use the quality based encoding method, a CRF (I think Handbrake calls it RF) value of around 18 is considered to be "transparent". Lower CRF values increase the quality and therefore the file size. Not too many people go much below CRF16. I use CRF18 for video up to 720p and CRF20 for 1080p (to help keep the file size down), but it's all personal preference.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    the filesize limit at youtube is 20gb i believe.

Yes, if you increase your limit and use a browser like firefox or chrome

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?rd=1
    Quote Quote