VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I download torrent in AVI format sometimes it is in different KBPS even though it is from the sam site. Everything is the same 25 frames per second, but audio bit rate is 102 or 103 up to 110 kbps and video data size is 789-796 kbps and when I burn those files on DVD as a data file picture is not good at all and it can not be watched. But if downloads as audio bit rate over 125 kbps and video data rate is 789 kbps then when I burn it as data file on dvd it works perfectly.

Is there an option to select at what rate can i download files or it is already uploaded that way?
    If not, can I somehow convert it before I burn it on to a disk.

If I burn those files as a DVD instead of data file then I can watch it, but it takes a long time to burn it as a DVD file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Whoever created the AVI file decided what bitrate to use. You get what you pay for.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ljuba1
    If I burn those files as a DVD instead of data file then I can watch it, but it takes a long time to burn it as a DVD file.
    No, it takes whatever program you are using a long time to CONVERT them to dvd specs before burning it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the answers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would check one of the files with Gspot. I suspect the green 'VBR' box will be lit for the audio tracks. That could explain the audio bitrate changes. And whoever created the file may have adjusted the video bitrate to fit a file size. Some of those encoder persons aren't too talented.

I would suggest trying ConvertXToDVD to do your file conversion. Or for freeware, FAVC. ConvertX does a fair job of converting PAL files to NTSC DVD video.
    Quote Quote