VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Firstly hi guys .i am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I am new to capturing hd satellite tv content and would like to place a few questions here. ive gone thru the post in this thread but still i have a few douts left.

im from india pal land and im going to buy avermedia hd 727 capture cardhttp://www.flipkart.com/avermedia-aver-tv-capture-hd-tuner-card/p/itmd2ryhx64qgxwr. im gonna be using direct to home set top box which has both hdmi and component output.i will use hdmi. The problem arises here . the hd content is hdcp protected so by browsing online i have found a crack to remove hdcp protection which cauptain has posted https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341920-Need-Original-Drivers-for-Avermedia-AverTV-H...DVR-%28c027%29. Does the hdcp remove driver support pal input source? secondly the card im buying say it can only capture hd 1080i only if the source is in mpeg2 , unfortunately the set top box im using send hd 1080i signals in mpeg4 dvb s2 format. so will the hacked drivers be able to capture hd content ignoring mpe4 or mpeg2 format using vdub or avermedia software? if not can u guys please find me a driver to do so. any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by kujija; 8th Jun 2014 at 15:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest34343
    Please use thread titles that tell us what your post is about. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. The AMC HDCP Remover will work if used the correct drivers for H727. Its works in PAL, NTSS, PAL-M, PAL-N...)

Drivers link: H727_1.12.64.22_W7_x86_x64_100521.7z

Using the old method, you can capture using Virtualdub/AmarecTV too.

Another method is using a HDMI Splitter, its will work for any HDMI capture card and source.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kujija View Post
    Firstly hi guys .i am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I am new to capturing hd satellite tv content and would like to place a few questions here. ive gone thru the post in this thread but still i have a few douts left.

im from india pal land and im going to buy avermedia hd 727 capture cardhttp://www.flipkart.com/avermedia-aver-tv-capture-hd-tuner-card/p/itmd2ryhx64qgxwr. im gonna be using direct to home set top box which has both hdmi and component output.i will use hdmi. The problem arises here . the hd content is hdcp protected so by browsing online i have found a crack to remove hdcp protection which cauptain has posted https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/341920-Need-Original-Drivers-for-Avermedia-AverTV-H...DVR-%28c027%29. Does the hdcp remove driver support pal input source? secondly the card im buying say it can only capture hd 1080i only if the source is in mpeg2 , unfortunately the set top box im using send hd 1080i signals in mpeg4 dvb s2 format. so will the hacked drivers be able to capture hd content ignoring mpe4 or mpeg2 format using vdub or avermedia software? if not can u guys please find me a driver to do so. any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
    The product description for the AVerTV CaptureHD H727 says it supports common "PAL" resolutions and framerates (576i, 576p, 720p and 1080i50).

Regarding 1080i MPEG-2: It does not matter if the original broadcast source is MPEG-2 or H.264 if you are recording from HDMI. HDMI always provides a form of uncompressed digital video, not the original h.264 video or MPEG-2 video. The bundled software that comes with the AVerTV CaptureHD H727 re-encodes the uncompressed digital video to a compressed format. It is hard to be certain because the documentation poor, but it appears the bundled software may only allow recording uncompressed 1080i video from HDMI as MPEG-2.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 8th Jun 2014 at 15:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

The product description for the AVerTV CaptureHD H727 says it supports common "PAL" resolutions and framerates (576i, 576p, 720p and 1080i50).

Regarding 1080i MPEG-2: It does not matter if the original broadcast source is MPEG-2 or H.264 if you are recording from HDMI. HDMI always provides a form of uncompressed digital video, not the original h.264 video or MPEG-2 video. The bundled software that comes with the AVerTV CaptureHD H727 re-encodes the uncompressed digital video to a compressed format. It is hard to be certain because the documentation poor, but it appears the bundled software may only allow recording uncompressed 1080i video from HDMI as MPEG-2.
    Correct usually_quiet,

The native record default is MPEG2, 40k bitrate, audio mpa2 384.

Via software you can record using AVI uncompressed, Xvid and MP4 (maximum 40GB per file).

Schedule options same to record.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you guys for the inputs. one thing is that u will never know until you buy the product and try it. so im going to go with my gut and buy the damn thing. hope it works.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Yes. The AMC HDCP Remover will work if used the correct drivers for H727. Its works in PAL, NTSS, PAL-M, PAL-N...)

Drivers link: H727_1.12.64.22_W7_x86_x64_100521.7z

Using the old method, you can capture using Virtualdub/AmarecTV too.

Another method is using a HDMI Splitter, its will work for any HDMI capture card and source.
    hi i downloaded the file from the link you provided but it seems to me tha t the zip file is somewhat corrupted or i couldnt find anything in it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ive found the product you guys were talking about c027 http://www.amazon.in/DARK-CRYSTAL-CAPTURE-PRO-C027/dp/B00652CGAO/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_3http://www.flipkart.com/avermedia-darkcrystal-hd-capture-pro/p/itmd2ryhqcw28qzm?pid=TV...b-d2ef0523e340 . the modified drivers caupatin said shud work with this. but if the modified hdcp drivers woks with h727 i will but the one i mentioned before.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    H727 with this tricked drivers still not working.... i get a purple color in the screen & NO SOUND via hdmi.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!