VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, I apologize ahead of time as I am still new here but cant seem to find help on my problem.

I am firstly trying to normalize 5.1 aac audio tacks in audacity and add the edited track back to the original video file (which is mp4) in avidemux and save.
    The problem I am having is when it is added back in avidemux and saved, the resulted file is unplayable.
    I don't know if I'm missing a codec or just simply going about it all wrong.

In the past week I've also tried to remove additional audio streams from mp4 and resave the file with just a single audio track, and the same thing happens, the file is unplayable.

I choose or add the track I want in avidemux, hit save, type the proper name followed by the .mp4 extension, it does its thing and saves, even shows a good video file on my windows 7 machine, however no video players will play the file. They open and try to play it, but it just sits there.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Perhaps use MediaInfoXP to see what it says about audio in your MP4 file. And perhaps use My MP4Box GUI to mux the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Awesome. Thank you for the quick reply. Will try this soon and check back.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Found my problem.
    Wasn't choosing the correct option while saving in avidemux. Instead of mp4mux it was defaulted to avimux. Changed this and all is well!
    Thank you for the help!
    Dloaded mp4box and will probably use this as well.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!