VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'd like to do something like this, including the audio multiplication, any advice? I'm a real newbie in video editing and I'd like the simpliest software ever or... a really detailed guide, if you have patience ;>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0yR_ShPX8s

Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's easy once you know AviSynth. But it will take you a long time to learn AviSynth, a text script based video processing system.

Code:
    function TwoByTwo(clip v)
    {
      StackHorizontal(v,v)
      StackVertical(last,last)
      BilinearResize(v.width, v.height)
      Amplify(2.0) # you might want to go with less
    }

p1 = WhateverSource("filename.ext")
    p2 = p1.TwoByTwo()
    p3 = p2.TwoByTwo()
    p4 = p3.TwoByTwo()
    p5 = p4.TwoByTwo()
    p6 = p5.TwoByTwo()
    p7 = p6.TwoByTwo()
    p8 = p7.TwoByTwo()
    p9 = p8.TwoByTwo()
    p10 = p9.TwoByTwo()
    p11 = p10.TwoByTwo()

p1++p2++p3++p4++p5++p6++p7++p8++p9++p10++p11
    But pretty much every video editor will let you do the same with GUI tools.
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th Feb 2017 at 18:56. Reason: had to add one more 2x2 to get up to 1M
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    But pretty much every video editor will let you do the same with GUI tools.

Can you tell me some names of softwares? Freeware ones are better, thanks for now ^-^
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't actually use any NLEs anymore. But...

https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/video-editors-advanced

AviUtl is free but I hear it's hard to learn. On the other hand there's lots of help with it here. It's not free but it's inexpensive and a lot of people use: (no longer Sony) Vegas Movie Studio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. For aviutl , you will probably crash once you get to higher values and divisions

But you apply 2 effects .

1) 1st is animation effect => image tiling 2 . You set the number of x and y divisions .

2) 2nd is animation effect => xy scaling. You set the corresponding 1/x , 1/y setting as a percentage

eg. lets say you want a 32x32 tile grid . You would set x=32, y=32 for the 1st filter , but x-scale and y-scale to 3.125 (because 1/32 * 100)

The values are "keyframable" in an editor (ie. you can change values over time) and there are interpolation presets beyond linear interpolation

And yes - It's not the easiest program to use, and it's originally in Japanese. But there is an English help thread and basic tutorials on this site
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    eg. lets say you want a 32x32 tile grid . You would set x=32, y=32 for the 1st filter , but x-scale and y-scale to 3.125 (because 1/32 * 100)
    Do it recursively. Make the 2x2 clip from the 1x1 clip. Then make the 4x4 clip from the 2x2 clip, etc. This way each recursion is only a 2x2 mosaic of the earlier clip.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It does max 100 . And it doesn't crash (whew) but it is noticably slower the higher you go. But it will crash/ freeze if you nest timelines, or if you try to stack multiple instances of the 2 filters. So you'd have to render it out , then reimport, reapply the 2 filters . So that would be 10000x10000 tiles etc...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I will try it and let you know, thanks for now <3
    Quote Quote