VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Pinto007 View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Many of the cheapo VCRs are not completely wired (for video).
    Which VHS VCRs are wired to output s-video?
    My old Philips VR1000(also a JVC clone) would not output S-Video via SCART.....only via the S-Video connection.....which rendered it pretty useless after I broke the S-Video connection. The loading mechanism died soon after so it wasn't a total loss.
    Quote Quote  
  2. digicube - I'd follow as need to know bases, not general advice's, look up for your machine or make a list, what it can do, what those labels say, then for that particular model try get to the point. Maybe you are trying to solve something you would not need. You know same as painting, rather following general advice's for God know what paint, follow what lebel and instruction say for a particular can.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post

No it will not, In the US you need a step down transformer not a step up.
    I thought to convert 110v to 220v requires a step up converter. BW, the device I mentioned is both a step up and step down converter.
    My bad, for some reason though he is using a US VCR in europe. So If using a European VCR in the US you need a step up transformer, Frequency matters only if there is A/C motors or timing circuits that rely on the power frequency, For VCR it may or it may not, I have a DCC deck that I bought from the Netherlands it is 2240V/50Hz and worked just fine with a step up transformer under 60Hz.

Step up transformers get very hot and they are useful only for a short amount of time like 15 to 30min max, If you plan to use VCR for longer periods you need a full size power inverter otherwise installing a 220V outlet is a must from the circuit breaker to your room assuming that your meter have a 220V hookup which a lot of US houses do.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 7th Feb 2017 at 15:27.
    Quote Quote