VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, I've been having trouble with this stuttering problem that any capture card I try seems to have (Currently using a Live Gamer Extreme on Windows 10 to capture a Wii U). However, it always stutters in a set pattern (plays fine for about 15 seconds before stuttering for 2 seconds, then repeating) and it seems I can change how it stutters by changing the refresh rate on my monitor (60Hz), to 59Hz, which reduces it somewhat. I've also tried multiple HDMI cables to make sure none of them were defective but it hasn't helped. I've tried using OBS and the capture cards own software. Have also tried using 2 different monitors. At this point I'm at a loss on what the problem is or how to fix it. If anybody can help I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by xCtLx; 25th Jan 2017 at 22:51.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does it happen with usb2 capture cards? you're usb port might not be fast enough. You could test with the extremecap u3 usb 3.0 diagnosis tool if someone on this forum has that card and bundled software. Or maybe try adjusting Windows to performance mode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it happens with USB 2 cards and PCIe cards, but with USB 2 the stuttering is much less, but still there. I have windows set to prefer maximum performance. I also forgot to mention that while the stuttering is a set pattern in the preview, the recorded files stuttering happens randomly and is never consistent.
    Quote Quote