VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    why can i run an "yt.php" script from a browser, ie, (https://www.yt.php) but not from my hdd, ie, (file://c:\yt.php) ?

The yt.php script works (and returns the forms results) in my regular Chrome/Firefox/IE browsers and my custom made browser (its just a browser to view html/php content), but when I issue it like this "file://c:\yt.php" the page displays but when I enter something into the forms input box, the page does not return anything, but keeps asking me to enter something. It blinks and that is it.

What do i need to do to make it work from my hdd ? I guess it doesn't have to be from my hdd. But since I am testing the script, from my hdd, it shouldn't matter where its coming from.

I am analyzing a php script to try and see if it is something that I can use in a custom tool I may write.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I think the correct question is,

¿why aren't you running a real HTTP server at 127.0.0.1?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. Install something like XAMPP, https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html . Apache and PHP.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yip.

I develop my own website using php/MySQL. Could not test a thing without a local Apache Server.

If you check that code carefully chances are it sends the info from the input box in a form to another php script that does the analysis and then returns that to the original page from a reload of it. Or it could do the same with javascript so the page does not reload.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Install just php and in command line : php -f path/to/file.php
    Last edited by acheter; 27th May 2016 at 07:51.
    Quote Quote